Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can I replace my base radio (non-Bose) with a Bose CD changer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Watchie
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Can I replace my base radio (non-Bose) with a Bose CD changer?

Okay, first sorry if the thread's title is confusing. Here is my question. I have a non-Bose single CD head unit in my 2011. Can I drop in its place a Bose CD changer unit from a 2008 or earlier Corvette? And if there are any, what will the challenges be?
Old 08-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Watchie
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Watchie
Okay, first sorry if the thread's title is confusing. Here is my question. I have a non-Bose single CD head unit in my 2011. Can I drop in its place a Bose CD changer unit from a 2008 or earlier Corvette? And if there are any, what will the challenges be?
And one follow up question. If I switch out the head unit (both factory) will that affect the existing blue tooth telephone functionality? Put another way, is my blue tooth function tied in any way to what radio is in the car?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:58 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You'd need to get a 'new' radio out of a car that had BT to keep yours functioning properly.

After the physical install the new radio will go into lockdown when you start the car, so you'll need to have a dealer reprogram it to your car.

It's prob easier and potentially cheaper to just replace yours with an aftermarket radio and connect an iPod, there are plenty of inexpensive non-Nav double dins out there.

Get notified of new replies

To Can I replace my base radio (non-Bose) with a Bose CD changer?

Quick Reply: Can I replace my base radio (non-Bose) with a Bose CD changer?