Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Speakers cut out

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Saulmarquez91
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers cut out

I added a LOC spliced into my Bose Amp and wired it to only the rear speakers. The remote wore is wired into the white radio antenna wire. I tripled checked avert thing and the grounds but after a few minutes Al the speakers cut out...any ideas??? Please help...need tunes. The only thing I can do is pull the radio fuse and everything goes back to normal. FYI when the speakers go out the head unit is still on.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:24 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Sounds like the stock amp is going into some kind of protection mode. Try pulling the wires off of the LOC, if the issue goes away you either have it wired wrong or that LOC isn't compatible with the C6 amp.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Saulmarquez91
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers cut out

Originally Posted by markcz
Sounds like the stock amp is going into some kind of protection mode. Try pulling the wires off of the LOC, if the issue goes away you either have it wired wrong or that LOC isn't compatible with the C6 amp.
Thanks for the help. Stupid me. My RCA cables were taught causing them to pull out just slightly and cause the amp to go into the protective mode (no sound). Reset circuit breakers and gave it some slack and now works like a champ.

Get notified of new replies

To Speakers cut out

Quick Reply: Speakers cut out