Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Microphone wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:51 PM
One Kick
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Microphone wiring harness

I changed my 6 cd Bose to the Vette nav system, my 05 vert did also did not have on-star. My system talks to me but I can't answer due to lack of the A pillar microphone. I purchased the mike from the local dealership and the parts guy said he thought it was pre-wired. He put my vin # into the system and it shows the harness as built. Does anyone know for sure if they come pre-wired for the microphone?
Thanks

I'm having trouble getting an answer to this question, I would really like to know if it's pre wired which would save me the effort of pulling the pillar cover if its not.
Thanks again

Last edited by One Kick; 10-09-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: No response
Old 10-11-2015, 09:39 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by One Kick
I would really like to know if it's pre wired which would save me the effort of pulling the pillar cover if its not.
The only way you'll know for sure is if you pull the cover off and look for the wires
The following users liked this post:
One Kick (10-11-2015)
Old 10-11-2015, 02:54 PM
One Kick
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
The only way you'll know for sure is if you pull the cover off and look for the wires
I ended up doing just what you said, I was hoping not to have to pull the cover because I don't have the microphone bezel yet and if it wasn't pre wired I wouldn't order the bezel. But I pulled the cover and discovered it was pre wired for the microphone so now I'll order the bezel and finish the project.
Thanks for the response.

Get notified of new replies

To Microphone wiring harness

Quick Reply: Microphone wiring harness