Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'04 install with ROEM-VET1 Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 09:35 PM
shward1
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default '04 install with ROEM-VET1 Question

I've read a number of previous posts and am still a bit confused on a single point.

I am installing a single DIN Kenwood HU and want to make sure I understand how to properly wire up the switched power connection.

The ROEM-VET1 harness has a RED wire (pin 1) named "Iginition/Switched". Why can't/shouldn't I connect this to the radio switched power wire?

All the threads I've read say to leave the red wire on the ROEM-VET1 unconnected and the switched wire from radio needs to route to fuse slot #22. But, I would like to better understand why the ROEM-VET1 harness has a wire named "Ignition/Switched" that I shouldn't use.

--- UPDATE ---

I understand that longer red wire on the male connector of the harness would need to connect to fuse slot #22. But since it simply feeds directly through to the red wire on female connector, why would I leave these two wires hanging and connect the radio directly to switched power in the fuse box?

This seems like it should be obvious and this is a really stupid question, but I am questioning myself because it appears everyone is wiring directly from the radio to switched power.

Last edited by shward1; 10-30-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:27 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Either way should work fine.

Straight from HU to fuse eliminates a possible trouble spot in the future, but using ROEM plug makes it very convenient if you ever go back in and want to disconnect all radio wires with one QD plug.
The following users liked this post:
fmvette9 (12-11-2015)

Quick Reply: '04 install with ROEM-VET1 Question