Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2005 Bose Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 11:11 PM
BadC6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Bose Issue

So, my 2005 Bose speakers won't work. I had a thread going over in the C6 General, and they recommended me posting here. The Radio turns on and let's me tune stations, but no sound comes out of the speakers. Checked the fuses under the passenger floor and under the hood and both were fine. The seat belt chimes don't work either. Does this sound like the amp is dead? And if so, anyone have an oem Bose amp they are trying to get rid of? 😁

I saw some other threads on this, but all I could find for remedy was checking the fuses.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:11 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

C6 radio prints are HERE.

It would prob be worth the effort to make (or tap oem wires) to do something like THIS so you can see if the radio output is gone or if the amp is dead.

If you can find someone with the same setup as your car who's willing to let you temporarily swap the amp it isn't hard to do.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:14 PM
BadC6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
C6 radio prints are HERE.

It would prob be worth the effort to make (or tap oem wires) to do something like THIS so you can see if the radio output is gone or if the amp is dead.

If you can find someone with the same setup as your car who's willing to let you temporarily swap the amp it isn't hard to do.

Thanks markcz! I took the amp out, opened it up and it was clearly fried. Ordered a new one and installed it today. Good as new!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:24 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 Bose Issue

Quick Reply: 2005 Bose Issue