Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

sound deadner for doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 02:03 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts
Default sound deadner for doors

i'm ready to install my system.. did a search still alittle confused. 1 when insulating the doors what part or parts of the door should be done? also without spending alot of money what would you buy? and do they sell a complete kit? thanks
Old 11-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Nolan197
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually use dynamat. Buy the roll or sheet stuff and cut to shape size you want. Normally id put as much on the inner door skin as i could easily reach. and on the bracing where the speaker mounts. As a side note remember to protect your speaker plugs from moisture. Hopefully this can be of some help.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:46 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Nolan197
I usually use dynamat. Buy the roll or sheet stuff and cut to shape size you want. Normally id put as much on the inner door skin as i could easily reach. and on the bracing where the speaker mounts. As a side note remember to protect your speaker plugs from moisture. Hopefully this can be of some help.
yes thank you
Old 11-28-2015, 02:15 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

also Raamaudio has great products, have them all over my Z....
Old 11-30-2015, 12:05 AM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

For information, this site, Sound Deadener Showdown, has some absolutely great information regarding deadening and noise absorption broken down for each area of the car. I HIGHLY suggest reading it for a really in-depth knowledge of the process.

Also, even though that website sells stuff as well, I highly recommend RAAMAUDIO http://www.raamaudio.com/ for materials. They are highly effective and super easy to use... and they are a forum sponsor and have outstanding customer support, so that never hurts either.

Last edited by mdiiulio; 11-30-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To sound deadner for doors

Quick Reply: sound deadner for doors