Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

siriusxm sxv300 antenna placement

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 08:47 PM
ta-kid
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default siriusxm sxv300 antenna placement

Where is the best place to put the sirus/xm antenna from The SXV tuner in our C6 corvettes.I think my installer may of mounted under the dash.My Xm radio seems to be cutting out more then usual.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:51 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I tried a few different locations in my car and this is the one I found best. I have mine located at the gap where the dash top on the right side meets the bottom of the A-pillar. It just stays there only being held in the location by running the wire down into the gap, under the dash and over to the radio. It works well there and is mostly out of sight.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:09 AM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I believe that they were factory mounted in one of the side mirrors on the C6 if you had the option. I guess putting one in after the fact is probably not happening.

I have seen them installed under the hood by the fuse box, or a lip on the plastic cowl. On the cowl by the windshield wipers, dash, and under the dash.

Under the rear bumper behind a tail light, or behind the license plate.

On or in the halo. Someone stated they work best mounted high as possible for him.

C7 has it mounted under the driver side fender.

Where you live will probably play a big role in where it works best. You are going to have to try a few locations to get it tuned in.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:54 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

retain stock antennas on all 2006-13 C6
http://shopddmods-com.3dcartstores.c...ner_p_247.html
Old 01-15-2016, 07:31 PM
ta-kid
Instructor

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
retain stock antennas on all 2006-13 C6
http://shopddmods-com.3dcartstores.c...ner_p_247.html
Yes you are on my hit list once I have look tomorrow as to where they put the Sirus supplied antenna and how easy it is to move or change.If I have to pull the center console apart then I will order your cable option before hand. Thanks

Ps :with our Canadian dollar these days it gets pricey buying from your lovely country.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:48 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by ta-kid
Yes you are on my hit list once I have look tomorrow as to where they put the Sirus supplied antenna and how easy it is to move or change.If I have to pull the center console apart then I will order your cable option before hand. Thanks

Ps :with our Canadian dollar these days it gets pricey buying from your lovely country.
all you will need to do is route this cable to the stock tuner location which is on the driver side wheel well in back.
UNplug the yellow connector
connect the cable to it and then to the sxv300 and your done
Old 01-16-2016, 06:50 PM
ta-kid
Instructor

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
all you will need to do is route this cable to the stock tuner location which is on the driver side wheel well in back.
UNplug the yellow connector
connect the cable to it and then to the sxv300 and your done
Tried to order one and pay by Pay Pal but it will not allow order due to no shipping option for my Canadian Address???
Old 01-18-2016, 07:21 PM
ta-kid
Instructor

Tried to order one and pay by Pay Pal but it will not allow order due to no shipping option for my Canadian Address???
Thanks Dennis,got your message.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:46 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,499 Likes on 3,586 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Where is the best place to put the sirus/xm antenna from The SXV tuner in our C6 corvettes.I think my installer may of mounted under the dash.My Xm radio seems to be cutting out more then usual.
What I did was removed the inner light assembly and there was metal bracket so installed old speaker magnet and installed the antenna on top and never lost the signal. Works great. Sorry the picture taken with phone, not great shot.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:38 PM
ta-kid
Instructor

Yea I see what you did,but placing an antenna in Flordia vrs placing it there in Northern Canada may bring mixed results.The Sirus Xm satellite signal may be weaker,stronger or somewhat scattered depending on where you live in North America.Nature of the beast.Signal angle can be an issue .
Old 01-30-2016, 05:28 PM
ta-kid
Instructor

Got the Double D Stock Sirius antenna retention cable installed and now I can even get Sirius when the car is in my garage now .Huge improvement over the supplied Sirius tuner antenna stuck in the dash.Thanks Dennis, for supplying this cable option.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:34 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Got the Double D Stock Sirius antenna retention cable installed and now I can even get Sirius when the car is in my garage now .Huge improvement over the supplied Sirius tuner antenna stuck in the dash.Thanks Dennis, for supplying this cable option.

Thanks for your business as well!

Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To siriusxm sxv300 antenna placement

Quick Reply: siriusxm sxv300 antenna placement