Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wiring Questions on Aftermarket Pioneer to replace Bose on C6

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Kad2112
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiring Questions on Aftermarket Pioneer to replace Bose on C6

I have a C6 2005 Corvette WITH Bose and WITHOUT On-Star.
I am wiring up a Single DIN Pioneer DEH-P3600. I plan to order the rp3gm11 from Double D.
The Pioneer has 4 RCA outputs. The Wiring Diagram for Pioneer says 2 RCA jacks are for the “Front Power Amp” and 2 RCA jacks are for “Subwoofer Power Amp”. I want to confirm, do I connect the 4 RCA’s from the rp3gm11 to the 4 RCA’s on the Pioneer?
If so, how do they match up? It looks like the 4 RCA’s from the rp3gm11 are ( WHITE, RED, PURPLE & GREEN ).
I suspect PURPLE & GREEN RCA’s are the rear’s? Do the WHITE and RED the RCA’a plug into the “Subwoofer Power Amp output’s” on the pioneer?

One more question. In my research I see some say to tap the Orange wire from the Pioneer into the AH/TC. Can’t I just connect it to the Orange wire from the Pioneer to the Orange wire on the rp3gm11?
Thanks for any help.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:21 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

The 2nd set of RCA's on that radio can be selected between sub or non-fading, choose non-fading and connect them to the rear inputs on the RP3. Don't have any HP or LP filters on, leave everything on full pass

Left/Right Front/Rear wire colors are on RP3 instructions.

Wires to connect:

HU red/yellow/black to same on RP3

Same with blue/white, connect HU to RP3

Orange/white on RP3 will not work, connect HU orange/white to gray/black at TC/AH button

Old 01-31-2016, 11:02 AM
Kad2112
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
The 2nd set of RCA's on that radio can be selected between sub or non-fading, choose non-fading and connect them to the rear inputs on the RP3. Don't have any HP or LP filters on, leave everything on full pass

Left/Right Front/Rear wire colors are on RP3 instructions.

Wires to connect:

HU red/yellow/black to same on RP3

Same with blue/white, connect HU to RP3

Orange/white on RP3 will not work, connect HU orange/white to gray/black at TC/AH button

Thanks Markcz!! That's what i needed to know.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring Questions on Aftermarket Pioneer to replace Bose on C6

Quick Reply: Wiring Questions on Aftermarket Pioneer to replace Bose on C6