Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best MP3 Player to Drive and Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:16 AM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Best MP3 Player to Drive and Tune?

I've got about 2500 songs (.wma) on my computer, various thumb drives and my Smart Phone.

The thumb drive is the most convenient and I have individual thumb drives for my home stereo, my travel trailer and my Honda Accord. Unfortunately, I have to plug my Smart Phone into the mp3 jack in my 08 'vette. Not only does the cord hang over the side of the radio and runs to my phone under the console door, the worst is not being able to control the programs from the radio. So I have to pull the car over and stop to play with the phone to change my music. The volume differences are pretty extreme too. The radio volume is set much lower than playing mp3 from my Smart Phone.

I looked at an iSimple USB add-on but they seem to have lots of integration problems over time and it's unknown how much control/info is available on the radio.

So I guess I'll use the Smart Phone for now. I might get an expandable MP3 player that I might figure how to mount and run the controls while driving.

Any suggestions here for a dedicated in-car MP3?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If you get an older iPod with the 30 pin docking connector you can also buy an adapter to connect it to the car that will allow full control of the ipod from the stock radio. Contact Dennis at DoubleDmods.com to see what's available.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:12 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Dennis didn't mention it.

He only mentioned the iSimple wiring.

Last edited by LowRyter; 03-16-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:15 PM
BillytheKidder
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRyter
I looked at an iSimple USB add-on but they seem to have lots of integration problems over time and it's unknown how much control/info is available on the radio.
I used the iSimple usb/iPod adapter with my non Bose radio and my iPod Classic in my '07 C6 for all of last year with no problems. Control from the radio is good once you get the hang of it.

Try usingiTunes or whatever software you use for organizing your music, to set all the volume levels to be equal, it worked pretty well for me.

Last edited by BillytheKidder; 03-16-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:02 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

thanks for that.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:48 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

I've decided I would rather have a radio with Android Auto with Mirroring

That way I can play my tunes from USB or phone and get my nav right off the phone on the radio screen.

Radio and sound must be as good as factory.

I'd be interested with any recommendations.

Get notified of new replies

To Best MP3 Player to Drive and Tune?

Quick Reply: Best MP3 Player to Drive and Tune?