Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 04:24 PM
MLacroix
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C5 radio problem

I'll start this thread off by noting that as many have posted here, the Bose system in these cars leaves much to be desired in the area of sound quality. However, having noted that, I have a problem that I need a little help with. The radio in my car only plays through one speaker, the driver's door speaker. I would like to try and repair the stock radio but I am not sure where to start. Can anyone provide a suggested path to trouble shoot this problem? I am not interested in replacing the stock system as I only use the radio to check traffic or weather and much prefer just enjoying the sounds of the car when driving. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:39 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Use the fade/balance ***** to make sure it's just the one speaker playing.

Pull off the door skins and swap speakers left/right to see if it's a speaker issue or possibly something with the radio/processor/wiring.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:36 AM
MLacroix
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
Use the fade/balance ***** to make sure it's just the one speaker playing.

Pull off the door skins and swap speakers left/right to see if it's a speaker issue or possibly something with the radio/processor/wiring.
I used the fade and balance ***** first and determined that only the drivers door speaker is working. I have new door panels to install and will do a speaker swap while I have them off as a test of the speakers. Truthfully, I believe it is some type of issue with the HU or radio unit itself.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 radio problem

Quick Reply: C5 radio problem