Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New head unit won't power on

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:40 PM
QDaddy19468
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New head unit won't power on

Hi everyone,
I just finished installing a new pioneer head unit I purchased from Crutchfield in my 2008. After wiring it up to test, the unit worked perfectly. As I was installing it back into my console, the unit lost power. I checked all fuses and can't seem to find a problem. I thought the problem was the unit. I brought it into a professional, thinking it was a warranty issue. The unit started right up with no problems at his shop. Then I assumed the problem was my wiring so I got a new harness. After wiring that, it still won't power on. I'm losing my mind here. I can't figure out what could be going on. Any suggestions?
Old 04-12-2016, 10:10 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Re-check RDO fuse in passenger footwell

If you're sure the fuse is good wire the red HU power wire in with the yellow wire and see what happens, it should come on. If it doesn't, your RDO fuse is blown or you don't have the ground connected properly.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:16 AM
QDaddy19468
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
Re-check RDO fuse in passenger footwell

If you're sure the fuse is good wire the red HU power wire in with the yellow wire and see what happens, it should come on. If it doesn't, your RDO fuse is blown or you don't have the ground connected properly.

Thanks for the idea. I'll give that a shot when I get home from work. I'll let you know what happens.

Get notified of new replies

To New head unit won't power on

Quick Reply: New head unit won't power on