Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

A4 Reverse Switch or Wire location

Old 04-18-2016, 01:45 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Default A4 Reverse Switch or Wire location

I've Googled this but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I bought a double din head unit from Dennis at Double D a couple of years ago. I installed a backup camera that is wired into the backup lights so when the lights are on the camera has power. I have an option on the head unit to select the backup camera and it works perfectly. However, I was in a rush when I was doing my install and would like to finish it up and do it correctly. There is a reverse wire on the head unit that I'd like to wire into my A4 reverse switch so that the camera will automatically turn on when I shift into reverse. I am not aware of the location of this switch or wire that I need to connect. Any one able to give me a bit of guidance?

Update: I did some more searching and found this. Switch is on the passenger side on the middle of the tranny. Micro-relay #38 in the underhood fuse panel. Also related is fuse #2 for the Approach Lights in the underhood fuse panel.

This is helping to narrow things down. Any idea which wire to use on the switch or is it easier to wire into the fusebox under the hood? Looking for specifics now....

If I'm going about this wrong, let me know.

Last edited by CactusCat; 04-18-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:54 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

AFAIK nobody has found a good wire to use inside the cabin for the C5 backup camera trigger yet

Prints are below, the easiest would be to just run the purple wire back to same spot you tapped to power the camera. Some cameras have a wire embedded on the video cable that can be used to transmit the +12v signal from the camera to the radio

If you want to go under the hood, use the light green wire at pin E9 of connector C3.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:15 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Thanks pard! Extremely helpful.. I just need to get out there and git er' dun....

Get notified of new replies

To A4 Reverse Switch or Wire location

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A4 Reverse Switch or Wire location