Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Door Speaker Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 09:47 AM
M0nsterBash
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C5 Door Speaker Suggestions

Hello All.

Been searching around here for suggestions on door speakers for my 99 FRC. After a couple hours...I had the entire system upgraded..and 3k of stuff in my cart =).

The I realized the reason I'm doing this is to get the car ready for sale due to a really bad left knee (6 surgeries..2 ACL graphs..can't drive a stick anymore =().

The left front speaker is horrible..it's has the tin can sounds. I'd like some suggestions as to a pair of replacements for the doors...that are for the budget minded person.

I might consider swapping the head unit as well..again something budget friendly..but a little more modern than what I currently have.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:37 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If you're selling the car it's actually easier to sell if the stereo appears as stock, so I'd just replace whatever speaker(s) is bad.

Play with the fade/balance and tone to see if you can narrow it down to the big bass woofer or the 3.5" twiddler. If it's the powered Bose woofer you're stuck looking for one removed from another car. If it's the 3.5" then any 4-ohm 2-way 3.5" aftermarket will work.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:31 PM
M0nsterBash
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I'l check it out tonight and see if I can pinpoint which is the problem

Originally Posted by markcz
If you're selling the car it's actually easier to sell if the stereo appears as stock, so I'd just replace whatever speaker(s) is bad.

Play with the fade/balance and tone to see if you can narrow it down to the big bass woofer or the 3.5" twiddler. If it's the powered Bose woofer you're stuck looking for one removed from another car. If it's the 3.5" then any 4-ohm 2-way 3.5" aftermarket will work.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Door Speaker Suggestions

Quick Reply: C5 Door Speaker Suggestions