Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wanting to install a microphone next to the exhaust tips, best way to do so?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 08:02 PM
ClashBandicoot
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wanting to install a microphone next to the exhaust tips, best way to do so?

Hey,

So to make a long story short, i'm going to run my gopro HD Hero 4 with an external, omnidirectional mic, likely mounted within the bumper, to pick up the sweet sound of my LS3 engine.

Considering drilling a small hole in the bottom of the trunk to run the wire through, thoughts anyone?

Can i use a 5/8" rubber grommet and cut a small hole for the microphone wire to fit through?

Amazon.com: Swordfish 21010 Rubber Grommet Assortment, 125 Piece: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Swordfish 21010 Rubber Grommet Assortment, 125 Piece: Home Improvement

Has anyone done something like this? I'll take pics and circle where I think it would be best to run the wire through. Will likely hook up on my dash board, and won't have any troubles running the wire underneath carpet to the front of my car.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Wanting to install a microphone next to the exhaust tips, best way to do so?