Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone have a little leftover carpet from project?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 07:43 AM
LCSteve
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone have a little leftover carpet from project?

I need to build a smallish cover for my amp/wires and need only a small amount of carpet. Before sourcing some off the web I wanted to see if any members here might have a small amount of carpet left that would mostly match a C6. I'm guessing I only need like 18"+- x 12"+ give or take. Shoot me a message and we can work something out.

Steve
Old 06-24-2016, 01:08 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Walmart's auto dept sells a roll of black carpet that somewhat closely matches vette carpeting. Only $10 for a whole roll.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:18 AM
LCSteve
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by striper
Walmart's auto dept sells a roll of black carpet that somewhat closely matches vette carpeting. Only $10 for a whole roll.
Really? I'll have to check that out. I ended up buying some off eBay that was somewhat close and used some flat black spray paint to bring it in line. It took a couple of passes just lightly misting the new carpet but it looks pretty darn good to me. I made a shelf to cover my amp and mate up against the subthump partition box. I'm pretty happy with it but will eventually mod it to include a recessed box or cubby with a hinged door for storage. Your post reminded that I was going to take a picture or two and post them up on here. I also need saved the original version of the cover so that I could post up the specs for anyone else wanting to make one. I'm heading out on lunch for an errand so I'll try to remember to snap some pics to post up.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a little leftover carpet from project?

Quick Reply: Anyone have a little leftover carpet from project?