Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:53 PM
DTA4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmitter

So I purchased a transmitter so I can play music from my iphone through my stereo on my 03 z06. I think I found a channel that sounds pretty good but are there any secret tricks until I can update to a DD next year?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:03 AM
LCSteve
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DTA4
So I purchased a transmitter so I can play music from my iphone through my stereo on my 03 z06. I think I found a channel that sounds pretty good but are there any secret tricks until I can update to a DD next year?
I think your asking if there are any secrets to getting the the FM transmitter to play a little better until you update the deck? If so I know from when I used them that the region/city you are in tends to play the biggest difference. Area's with high concentrations of radio stations make it difficult to get good clear signals with an FM modulator. The best thing you can do it hard wire your phone/music player somehow. I haven't priced them in awhile but they do make the FM transmitters that plug in-between the antenna on the back of the radio and the radio effectively taking over the frequency that it needs. Not sure what deck you have but if you have a tape in it then getting a tape adapter would be better than an FM modulator IMO. Other than those you could always get a cheaper single din deck for awhile. I see nicer decks go on sale at Best Buy for like $60-75 rather often.

Good luck,
Steve

Quick Reply: Transmitter