Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Location of C6 factory Sirius/XM antenna wire?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 07:05 PM
jesse82nc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Location of C6 factory Sirius/XM antenna wire?

I am installing a Pioneer 7200NEX in my 09 C6 Coupe, I've got just about everything figured out except how to reuse the factory XM antenna somehow. I had the factory Bose 6-disc unit with factory XM radio.

I have SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner, and the iDatalink Maestro SAT1 cable/adapter. I was told by some tech at Crutchfield that these would allow me to reuse the factory XM antenna.

I looked all around behind the dash and cannot find the factory antenna cable. I searched through the forums for about 20 minutes, but every post either did not have photos, or the photo links were broken. Nobody really had a description of where to find the connector.

Can anyone please help me?
Old 05-23-2016, 03:58 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm pretty sure its back in the driver-side rear quarter-panel where the factory XM radio gets installed.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:28 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by bobeast
I'm pretty sure its back in the driver-side rear quarter-panel where the factory XM radio gets installed.

Pull out the carpet at the very top of the hump for the left rear wheel, the factory XM receiver is the silver box. IIRC you want to use the yellow plug for an aftermarket system.

Get notified of new replies

To Location of C6 factory Sirius/XM antenna wire?

Quick Reply: Location of C6 factory Sirius/XM antenna wire?