Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dennis, Mark BT problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 02:27 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Default Dennis, Mark BT problem ?

Hey guys or anyone else that might have an idea. About a year and a half ago I purchased the NEX8000. Or around that time. Anyway's I use and old iphone and a S5 for streaming. Now the Samsung has seen update but not the old iphone. Both have been working great until a couple weeks ago. Then no matter which one is used,there is a brief pause in the music randomly. Since it's 2 different ones I doubt it's the phones. An since the neither the BT on the HU or the iphone have been updated there should not all of a sudden be a problem. Any clues on what to check into. Thanks!!
Old 07-19-2016, 12:59 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Old 07-19-2016, 06:16 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Me too
Old 07-19-2016, 08:53 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

This problem isn't specific to your setup. It happens in my daily driver Volt with an Android phone and the car I had before it w/the iPhone. Bluetooth sucks. Don't get a bluetooth mouse for your PC
Old 07-20-2016, 06:32 AM
yamabob
Drifting

too late
I'm gonna update the firmware to see if that stops it. The BT was perfect for over a year
Old 07-20-2016, 05:53 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Originally Posted by yamabob
too late
I'm gonna update the firmware to see if that stops it. The BT was perfect for over a year
Working perfect for more than a year is saying something. Look at what changed such as adding and moving things in your car, especially the position of the phone, addition of anything metal, new electronics, new antenna and so on.

I wouldn't touch any firmware unless a previous FW update caused this problem. Stick with what worked for over a year. It may take some time to figure out what that may be. Bluetooth is finicky.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:21 AM
yamabob
Drifting

I really didn't want ot upgrade the FW myself. I too believe in "If it ain't broke..." Since nothing has been added or changed in the least, I ruled that out before. So last night I shut the BT off on the phone ( on the I-phone which is the primary BT music source,been in the center console from day 1 of the stereo upgrade) and then restarted the BT on the phone. 1 1/4 hour ride home was more enjoyable with the BT working perfect again. I will do the Android next to see if it resolves it with that as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the fix in my case
Old 07-21-2016, 11:42 AM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Originally Posted by yamabob
I really didn't want ot upgrade the FW myself. I too believe in "If it ain't broke..." Since nothing has been added or changed in the least, I ruled that out before. So last night I shut the BT off on the phone ( on the I-phone which is the primary BT music source,been in the center console from day 1 of the stereo upgrade) and then restarted the BT on the phone. 1 1/4 hour ride home was more enjoyable with the BT working perfect again. I will do the Android next to see if it resolves it with that as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the fix in my case
The Chevy Volt it has Pandora and with the Android phone connected over Bluetooth the volt will stream with Pandora in like a client/server setup. The Bluetooth will disconnect for no apparent reason and Pandora drops. The work around since the phone is inaccessible is to reconnect by way of the Infotainment center. If your head unit has a reconnect feature and that is easier to do while driving, consider that option.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:22 AM
yamabob
Drifting

It does and I have. That had not worked. doing so on the phones now has though. Very strange

Get notified of new replies

To Dennis, Mark BT problem ?

Quick Reply: Dennis, Mark BT problem ?