Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

android double din + pac os -2x = buzzing sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 11:43 PM
Throwback23
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default android double din + pac os -2x = buzzing sound

Hello, this morning I installed an android double din in my base model c6. I used the pac os-2x interface and all went well until I turned it on, a faint buzz/ crackle with the car on or off. I purchased a set of ground loop isolators and wired rca to the speaker wires to use them but when I it made no difference, that led me to a lot of back tracking. I disconnected all speaker wiring and could still hear the noise, from that point I tried another power source for the amp signal with no change. That leads me to my question, why is there sound coming from the speakers when there is nothing connected and what should I do to fix it. I don't know much about the system beyond the basic install I read online so maybe someone with more knowledge has some input. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:43 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

What Android DD HU did you get?
Old 08-01-2016, 12:04 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Don't use the RCA line level outputs. Use the speaker level outputs. The PAC OS2X converts speaker level to line level for the factory amp. It might still have a slight hiss, but it wont be buzzing. Buzzing is a sign of a short, maybe a ground splice is touching one of the speakers or something. What crimps did you use?
Old 08-06-2016, 04:02 PM
bjmsam
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

OS-2X Radio Replacement Interface with OnStar Retention for General Motors Vehicles
4. For Bose systems, the recommended line level input is 2-4 volts from the aftermarket radio.
5. To prevent over driven audio when installing into a vehicle with a Bose system and the aftermarket radio does not have low level outputs
then an LOC (part # LP3-2) is recommended to match the input voltage or you can create an audio attenuation circuit (see diagram 2 below
for audio attenuation wiring).
6. To prevent ground loop or engine noise when installing aftermarket radios that use a common ground on the outer shield of the low level
outputs will require a ground loop isolator (part # LPGL-2)

Get notified of new replies

To android double din + pac os -2x = buzzing sound

Quick Reply: android double din + pac os -2x = buzzing sound