Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 GS Bose question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 12:49 AM
Danny Rodriguez
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 GS Bose question...

so i just bought a beautiful 2013 GS with 16k miles. I love every bit of it except one new issue. I think I might have blown the passenger side door woofer. there is a bad rattle and distortion at every volume level and I've narrowed it down to the speaker and not a rattle in the panel. heres the problem... i have no problem replacing it except its the rarest factory speaker ever. apparently GM changed the Premium bose woofers in 2012 to a non amplified 10in set up instead of the 8in powered sub. so the hundreds of used bose woofers won't work for me. its part # 25972197 but the only thing I've seen for sale is one guy selling a used one on eBay. i don't think i can put a shallow mounted aftermarket sub because there won't be enough volume to breathe. any suggestions?
Old 07-25-2016, 12:21 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Before you buy anything try swapping the door subs left to right. If the noise moves then you've confirmed it's the speaker. You can also leave the bad one unplugged until you get a new one, which isn't a fix but will get rid of the annoying noise.

Of course, this is a perfect excuse to upgrade

Quick Reply: 2013 GS Bose question...