Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No Sound from iSimple Module in my C5

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 01:26 PM
work_truck
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts
Default No Sound from iSimple Module in my C5

Let me preface this by saying I have read every relevant thread here that I could find, and tried all the fixes twice before making this thread.

So a couple weeks ago I ordered the iSimple set up, my car does not have the CD changer so I got the one that plugs into the back of the head unit. I have the factory tape deck with the AUX button.

I am using my iPhone 5S and the aux cord attachment from the iSimple (surely the input does not matter with an aux cord correct?)

Radio powers on, I get the CD symbol, I select AUX and it changes over from the radio, but there is no sound, and the run time just flashes from 1:00 to 2:00. I can skip "tracks" (1 through 99) but nothing happens.

I plugged everything in securely, dip switches 3 and 8 on (I tried resetting, turning all on off, tried 1,3,8 etc from other threads.)

I tried removing and replacing the radio fuses, turning the car off and unplugging then plugging it back in with the car on etc. If there was a fix documented, I tried it.

That being said, I returned that one and ordered a whole new setup from Double D mods because of the reputation they have for customer service and Dennis' knowledge of the Corvette stereo. This unit does the exact same thing. I plan on calling for help but I thought I would document it here as well for the future.

What am I missing? Is it because I have the tape deck? Car is a 1999 FRC if it matters.

Quick Reply: No Sound from iSimple Module in my C5