Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C7 Nav/Head Unit Operation for Aux

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 06:24 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Default C7 Nav/Head Unit Operation for Aux

Got a new 16 Z. In my C6 I had a Kenwood 8990HD and loved it. I expect to keep the stock HU in my C7 but am having trouble hooking my iPod to it. I am using the usb port behind the HU screen. I have an iPod cable plugged in but when the iPod is on and the HU is set to Aux nothing plays. On my Kenwood, there was an icon for the iPod once it was set up.

Anyone know what I am missing. I suppose I could try the USB port in the console but why won't it work behind the screen?

TIA
Old 10-04-2016, 01:02 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If you're display is showing 'aux' as the source, then you're prob listening to the 3.5mm headphone port that doesn't have anything plugged in to it.

Push the Media button until you cycle around to the iPod. If it doesn't show up, unplug it and do a reboot on the iPod (different models have different procedures, google it). After rebooted, with car turned off, plug in ipod, then restart car.

I had an ipod video classic plugged in to my '16 for a while, but got tired of the issues and constant resetting. Now I just have about 1700 mp3 songs on a thumb drive. I can't search as easily and my playlists are gone, but it works much better. I have all of the songs in one big folder, and I just leave it on shuffle play. If I want to listen to a certain artist it's easy enough to play only that artist.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:04 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

You are exactly correct. Cycling Media got me to playing my connected iPod. Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Nav/Head Unit Operation for Aux

Quick Reply: C7 Nav/Head Unit Operation for Aux