Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Corvette power Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 01:12 PM
neutron561
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette power Antenna

Not really a Corvette question but kind of is. Due to car cover issue, I want to install a power antenna on my ’14 Silverado. Not having any luck with the $30 to $50 universal units as two have failed within a few weeks after install. Other brands are too long/high to fit behind the fender. I am looking for a higher quality system and see part numbers by AC Delco for GM cars, Camaro’s and Corvette’s. To install a power antenna on this pickup, I have to R & R the front fender which is a time consuming job. The antenna does not mount to the fender but on a bracket under the cowl trim. Is anyone familiar with the Power Antennas for Corvettes that can help me with information/dimensions and these questions:
1. Where are the AC Delco antennas made? USA?
2. Is the quality worth the $150 to $200?
3. I need a unit that is less than 12 inches long (11.5 inches is better) with a 31inch or more mast. What are the dimensions of the Corvette antennas?
4. Is there a nut on the top of the Corvette antennas or how do they fasten at the top? Other parts involved to install?
5. Anything else you can advise?
Thanks for any help.
fgarrison@bellsouth.net
West Palm Beach, FL

Quick Reply: Corvette power Antenna