Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anybody here good with windows 7? Missing ports (com & lpt)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 03:45 AM
Turbo Nasty
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody here good with windows 7? Missing ports (com & lpt)

I need to add 'ports (com & lpt) to device manager so I can select ports 4-8 in order to use my ECU chip burning hardware to tune my C4 corvette. Mine is missing even if I click 'view' then click 'hidden devices' it's still not there.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:25 PM
jcgunn
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Nasty
I need to add 'ports (com & lpt) to device manager so I can select ports 4-8 in order to use my ECU chip burning hardware to tune my C4 corvette. Mine is missing even if I click 'view' then click 'hidden devices' it's still not there.
You will probably have better luck using an old laptop running XP and dedicate it as your tuner. If you don't have one gathering dust in the closet, you could pick one up on that auction site for $50 or so.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:55 AM
WoodyJohnson
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Nasty
Need a little more information. Does your chip burner connect to the computer via a USB cable or actual serial cable?

If it's a USB cable google "add virtual com ports to USB" for instructions. If its an actual serial cable and your computer can't detect the Com port, there is something wrong with your computer....
Old 11-13-2016, 02:24 AM
Turbo Nasty
Advanced

Originally Posted by WoodyJohnson
Need a little more information. Does your chip burner connect to the computer via a USB cable or actual serial cable?

If it's a USB cable google "add virtual com ports to USB" for instructions. If its an actual serial cable and your computer can't detect the Com port, there is something wrong with your computer....

It's a USB cable I had to download new drivers from Moates site here:http://www.moates.net/usb-driver-p-215.html?cPath=78

there is another location on their site that will send you directly to their chip manufacturer FTDI. the drivers on the FTDI site did not work for me.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:28 AM
Turbo Nasty
Advanced

After I got the right drivers on my windows 7 laptop I did find and adjust the ports in Com (ports & LPT). that will only pop up in device manager after the right drivers are installed and hardware is plugged in.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody here good with windows 7? Missing ports (com & lpt)

Quick Reply: Anybody here good with windows 7? Missing ports (com & lpt)