Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What doe Crutchfield mean by "mid panel"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 AM
WoodyJohnson
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default What doe Crutchfield mean by "mid panel"?

I'm looking at these kits on Crutchfield, they are having a sale on JBL speakers, I want to replace my stock speakers with something that delivers better highs and mids:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109JBLG...tml?tp=106&l=K

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL50...020.html?tp=97

It says they mount "mid panel". Does that mean "mid door panel" or is this referring to the speakers behind the driver and passenger seats?

Are these speakers any better than what I already have?

When Crutchfield says 'Fits your vehicle', are they saying that it has the correct impedence etc for replacement or are they just saying "it fits in the hole you have" ?

Also, what is the advantage of the separate tweeter in the first kit? Where would I mount it?

Thanks for your time!
Old 11-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

I am not sure what "mid panel" means, but at 5 1/4 those speakers would be a replacement for the rear speakers, in the trunk behind your head. "FIT" means it fits the hole with no modification.

Most people won't install component speakers in the rear. Waste of money since it is just "rear fill". Get standard coaxial speakers for the rear and spend the money on components for the front.
The following users liked this post:
WoodyJohnson (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 12:55 PM
WoodyJohnson
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the info, you just saved me like, fifty bucks! I'll order the coaxial.

Get notified of new replies

To What doe Crutchfield mean by "mid panel"?

Quick Reply: What doe Crutchfield mean by "mid panel"?