Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question about installing Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 06:45 AM
ayeroff
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Question about installing Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX

I'm hoping someone more experienced than myself can share some advice on installing a Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX. I've installed it in my 2011 Grand Sport Coupe with factory Nav, bluetooth, Bose, Onstart, etc.

I've installed my 8100NEX using the PAC RP5-GM11 adapter so that I could keep my factory chimes, onstar, and bluetooth, and steering wheel controls. Everything seems to work correctly except the left hand steering wheel controls to start and end a phone call. Instead of working the phone function, these buttons now change the Input from FM to Sirius to Pandora, etc.

I'm wondering if I would be better off installing an iDatalink-Maestro, which says it retains all steering wheel controls??? What do you think? Does anyone have experience with the Maestro adapter? If I go with the iDatalink-Maestro, do I continue using the PAC RP5-GM11 adapter as well? Or does the Maestro replace this adapter and keep the chimes, onstar, etc, etc, etc. Would really appreciate your advice.

Also, my next planned upgrade is to replace the factory bose speaker system entirely. Is there a particular speaker/amp setup that you recommend?

Thank you for your time! I really appreciate it the help from this forum as always!
Old 11-22-2016, 10:25 PM
ayeroff
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Mods - please close thread

Dennis was able to answer my questions for me. Looks like I failed to correctly program a couple functions on my RP5-GM11 harness. Thanks Dennis!!!

Quick Reply: Question about installing Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX