Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SiriusXM in a C5 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 02:29 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Default SiriusXM in a C5 questions

My CD changer has crapped out so I'm looking at putting satellite radio in my 2004 vert.

I'd really like to put a DD in the car with Bluetooth and satellite but I don't have the time to do the install (travel too much for work) and the local Best Buy guys don't seem all that great. Besides, it's a Commemorative Edition with the shale interior and all the bezels I've seen are black.

So....

I'm thinking of buying a SiriusXM in car kit and putting it through the CD / Aux input from the wiring harness where the stock CD changer was located in the trunk.

Another forum member suggested one of these.....

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/PXDX.html

It would connect to the stock wiring plug that the CD changer used but it also needs power. Where can I get power from in the trunk area? I don't think I can tap into the feed for the trunk compartment lights since they go out when the door is closed.

And I need power up front for the Sirius XM head unit. Can I tap into the power for the lighter? Or is there an easier / better way to get power?

Thoughts / suggestions anyone?
Old 11-24-2016, 03:03 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by jwt1603
My CD changer has crapped out so I'm looking at putting satellite radio in my 2004 vert.

I'd really like to put a DD in the car with Bluetooth and satellite but I don't have the time to do the install (travel too much for work) and the local Best Buy guys don't seem all that great. Besides, it's a Commemorative Edition with the shale interior and all the bezels I've seen are black.

So....

I'm thinking of buying a SiriusXM in car kit and putting it through the CD / Aux input from the wiring harness where the stock CD changer was located in the trunk.

Another forum member suggested one of these.....

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/PXDX.html

It would connect to the stock wiring plug that the CD changer used but it also needs power. Where can I get power from in the trunk area? I don't think I can tap into the feed for the trunk compartment lights since they go out when the door is closed.

And I need power up front for the Sirius XM head unit. Can I tap into the power for the lighter? Or is there an easier / better way to get power?

Thoughts / suggestions anyone?

Call me tomorrow and I will explain all your options.
If you have a smartphone it opens you up to a lot more than just Sirius XM
608 854 2033

Quick Reply: SiriusXM in a C5 questions