Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bluetooth vs adding aux - 2005 C6 1SB - what to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 06:43 PM
RyaneC
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bluetooth vs adding aux - 2005 C6 1SB - what to choose?

OK I've been searching and browsing and checking FAQ's and reading threads today for about an hour, and I've looked other times as well. I think I'm getting more confused the more I read.

I know absolutely nothing about wiring. My fiance, however, (yes I'm a female) is pretty good with stuff like that, if he can get time to do it. What's the best option? The car is an 05 with the navigation head unit and not the 6 disc changer. I don't know if it's XM capable. I can't find a corresponding radio RPO code in my list. I ran my hand behind the carpet in the hatch over the rear wheel well and I didn't find a box with wires in it, but I don't know quite where to look/feel either and I don't want to tear anything up. I have noticed that on the roof bar it looks like there was something mounted at some point, about 1" square where you can see there used to be adhesive. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a Sirius subscription as I've been enjoying my trial period in my new 2500HD. I've thought about being able to use my subscription in both vehicles, be it through the head unit directly in the Vette, or by Bluetooth via my iPhone. What do yall recommend? Even if I choose not to go with the Sirius subscription, I'd still like to be able to listen to Pandora or the music on my iPod or iPhone.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:30 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You need to call the master, when it comes to Radio's upgrades to the Corvette.

His name is Dennis, very knowledgeable king of Corvettes.

Website link. below.

http://www.doubledmods.com
Old 12-09-2016, 08:25 PM
RyaneC
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was mainly trying to find folks who had done one, or the other, or both and seen what the pros and cons are of each.

Will check out the website! Thank you!
Old 12-10-2016, 05:59 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Do you have the XM button on the source page of your Nav? If you push it are you listening to 'channel 1'? If yes, you have the XM box but the subscription has expired.

The box is above the drivers side wheel hump, it's actually mounted to the bottom of the plastic piece directly above the targa holder gizmo.

If you have the box installed, and can hear channel 1, it would be pretty easy to install a BT receiver on the XM audio wires. The Nav would still display the XM info, but you'd be listening to whatever your phone is streaming. Cost, easily under $50.

If you want an integrated adapter, call Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To Bluetooth vs adding aux - 2005 C6 1SB - what to choose?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth vs adding aux - 2005 C6 1SB - what to choose?