Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sound Deadening for my 2012 C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 10:07 PM
rorad
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sound Deadening for my 2012 C6

Greetings, just purchased my 4th corvette and plan to install a new stereo HU. However, I have a lot of drone and road noise in this one so I'm thinking about sound deadening but only focusing on the area behind the seats and the rear cargo/rear wheel well area. Thought I might try RAAMaudio BXT II and PS ensolite on top of some well placed Sound Deadener Showdown CLD tiles. If the noise is still unbearable then I'll probably rip out the seats and also do the door panels. Opinions please on the materials I'm considering for usage. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2016, 08:33 AM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by rorad
Greetings, just purchased my 4th corvette and plan to install a new stereo HU. However, I have a lot of drone and road noise in this one so I'm thinking about sound deadening but only focusing on the area behind the seats and the rear cargo/rear wheel well area. Thought I might try RAAMaudio BXT II and PS ensolite on top of some well placed Sound Deadener Showdown CLD tiles. If the noise is still unbearable then I'll probably rip out the seats and also do the door panels. Opinions please on the materials I'm considering for usage. Thanks!
Check out the Blockit. Its quick and effective.
No removing the carpet or interior pieces. No Adhesives, Just lay the pre-cut pieces in.
3 piece kit includes, 1 large shaped cargo mat and 2 pieces for behind each seat.

Read up about it here.. http://store.tkoperformance.com/bleadinnodes.html

Last edited by TKO Performance; 12-01-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:22 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

The Blockit pieces work pretty good, I have the behind-seat parts that someone left behind during an install that I did. They are extremely easy to install compared to any of the stick-on stuff, if that matters.

However, a properly installed 2-layer setup from RAAMaudio would be quieter.
The following users liked this post:
TKO Performance (12-09-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Sound Deadening for my 2012 C6

Quick Reply: Sound Deadening for my 2012 C6