Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What replacement HU for my 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 12:14 AM
jmoney127
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default What replacement HU for my 2008?

Just picked up my z51 vette and Ian very pleased with the sound system in it but want an updated touch screen HU. The owner did not mention if the speakers had been replaced but the speakers sound excellent to me and have a perfect amount of bass with no distortion when turned up. It is also extremely loud if you turn it up a bit. Half volume you wouldn't be able to hear anyone talking without screaming. Does this sound like stock on these? Haven't had time to see if I can tell through the door panels or not.

Anyway, I want a very clean looking touch screen unit that doesn't break the bank. I want USB, aux and Bluetooth that works good (have had aftermarket units have poor connectivity). I do not need any fancy features, I want something extremely easy to use and basically simple adjustments with bass, treble, balance, fade, etc without having to search through all the menus. I want to be able to adjust these within a matter of seconds and not have to learn some fancy audio vocabulary to know what the he!! everything means. Also want to keep the factory chimes.

Let me know what you guys recommend, I have never really looked into an aftermarket touch unit, only single din HUs
Old 01-08-2017, 10:50 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I would call Dennis the king of head units for corvettes.

http://www.doubledmods.com

Quick Reply: What replacement HU for my 2008?