Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sharing my Double D buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:09 AM
phloozy
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sharing my Double D buying experience

TL;DR - Dennis at Double D Mods has amazing customer support and makes a great product which he stands by! On to the details.

Just wanted to share my experience buying from Dennis at Double D Mods to help others that may have issues . I did a ton of research on aftermarket radios for my C5Z and kept seeing rave reviews about Dennis at Double D Mods so I decided this was the way to go. I called him up and he got me squared away with everything I needed and all that was left to do was wait for my bezel to be modded.

Fast forward 6 weeks and a big box arrives with everything I needed to upgrade my stereo. I opened it up, pulled out the bezel and then things went south. The paint on the bezel was very rough and kind of felt cheap. I freaked out and ran to the forums and found out that while most were happy, others had the same complaint. I got pretty upset and decided to call Dennis. He told me it shouldnt feel that way, sent me a free shipping label and told me he would take care of it. At this point I was not optimistic.

Fast forward 1 more week and my bezel came back again and I am glad to say Dennis was right. The bezel was soft and matched my other OEM bezel in both texture and color! Dennis was super nice about it the entire time and also spent all Saturday on the phone with me walking me though the installation. Dennis really is a stand up guy and if anyone has any issues with his product be sure to call him before freaking out like me. He stands by his product and has amazing customer service. Now that everything is done I couldnt be happier!

Pics of finished product.

Name:  mXd8DgCh.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  133.9 KB

Name:  quGMVyph.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  134.9 KB

Name:  ROu85Rch.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  146.4 KB
The following users liked this post:
VerTigo456 (02-07-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:03 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Looks awesome!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:30 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Kenwood, nice choice.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Rabbitman
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by phloozy
TL;DR - Dennis at Double D Mods has amazing customer support and makes a great product which he stands by! On to the details.

Just wanted to share my experience buying from Dennis at Double D Mods to help others that may have issues . I did a ton of research on aftermarket radios for my C5Z and kept seeing rave reviews about Dennis at Double D Mods so I decided this was the way to go. I called him up and he got me squared away with everything I needed and all that was left to do was wait for my bezel to be modded.

Fast forward 6 weeks and a big box arrives with everything I needed to upgrade my stereo. I opened it up, pulled out the bezel and then things went south. The paint on the bezel was very rough and kind of felt cheap. I freaked out and ran to the forums and found out that while most were happy, others had the same complaint. I got pretty upset and decided to call Dennis. He told me it shouldnt feel that way, sent me a free shipping label and told me he would take care of it. At this point I was not optimistic.

Fast forward 1 more week and my bezel came back again and I am glad to say Dennis was right. The bezel was soft and matched my other OEM bezel in both texture and color! Dennis was super nice about it the entire time and also spent all Saturday on the phone with me walking me though the installation. Dennis really is a stand up guy and if anyone has any issues with his product be sure to call him before freaking out like me. He stands by his product and has amazing customer service. Now that everything is done I couldnt be happier!

It looks like it came from the factory, nice
Old 03-19-2017, 06:49 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

great job on the install
Thanks again for your business and glad to be able to help you through everything!
Thanks again and enjoy
Dennis
Old 04-07-2017, 11:22 AM
gpruitt54
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 126 Posts

I agree with you completely. Double D Mods is a class act.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

They work their asses off and have passion for their work.
When I call there an owner answers the phone and they stand behind everything.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Plentyfast
Team Owner

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by phloozy

Great job, looks really sharp and factory installed. Good job by both DD Mos and you, I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Bezel so I can complete my install.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Plentyfast
Team Owner

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Completed my DD install yesterday, just need to add the XM sucription.

Great looking Double-Din modification, nice job Dennis, we'll be boing business again.

Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

Get notified of new replies

To Sharing my Double D buying experience

Quick Reply: Sharing my Double D buying experience