Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kenwood DDX9902S dash cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:00 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Kenwood DDX9902S dash cam

I installed a Kenwood DDX9902s about 17 months ago. I got all of the options that I wanted. About a year ago I installed a dash cam. The dash cam was fed through a hard wire kit was well hidden in the dash and the only connection to the Kenwood was the audio cable. The audio cable allowed the camera's mini sd card to be replayed through the radio as a monitor and it allowed the camera settings to be viewed via the radio controls. Two weeks ago the dash cam stopped working. I bought a new camera kit and installed it today. The dash cam will work with the 12 volt power plug harness but I used the included hard wire kit like it was wired before. The new camera will not power up using the hard wire kit, 12 volt battery, 12 volt accs and ground. The only difference in the power plug harness and the hard wire harness is the ability to plug the included audio cable into the back of the radio. The 12 volt power plug harness is not neatly hidden away and it requires removing the micro sd card and replaying the video through an SD card slot on a PC.
So the question is; has any one had problems with the audio input on the DDX9902s Kenwood radio? Will a hard reset of the radio help?
I hate to replace the radio at less than 18 months old just because the audio input has failed as the warranty is only good for 12 months.

Quick Reply: Kenwood DDX9902S dash cam