Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Bose system question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:01 AM
SMChevy7
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Bose system question

i searched the sticky and other places but haven't found an answer. So I switched my HU from the bose to a kenwood excelon 998, and I used the axxess wiring harness to retain my bose speakers. However, the bose speakers blow. I want to change my speakers, will I need to change to a regular wiring harness too? Or could I just put some regular speakers in the doors and call it a day?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:09 PM
SMChevy7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SMChevy7
i searched the sticky and other places but haven't found an answer. So I switched my HU from the bose to a kenwood excelon 998, and I used the axxess wiring harness to retain my bose speakers. However, the bose speakers blow. I want to change my speakers, will I need to change to a regular wiring harness too? Or could I just put some regular speakers in the doors and call it a day?

bump pls
Old 03-02-2017, 10:30 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

In C5 the front 3.5's have standard push on terminals that are found on most aftermarket speakers (1/8" & 1/4"). Any 2-way 4ohm speaker should be an improvement over stock.

IIRC you'll need to splice the rears. 6.5" in coupe, 5.25" in all others.
The following users liked this post:
Req (03-11-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:23 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Yes, you can change the speakers. Just stay with the same "ohm" of the Bose system. The Bose is 4 ohm. I purchased new speakers for my 2012 Corvette, but haven't installed them yet. I did this in my 2015 Ram 1500 also, except my truck has a 2 ohm system. As long as you stick with the same "ohm", you will have no problem.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:48 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

i would check to make sure you have the xvsi2004 adjusted correctly.
The stock speakers will sound better using this combo you have as long as its all adjusted correctly.

Dennis
Old 03-09-2017, 08:25 AM
SMChevy7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
i would check to make sure you have the xvsi2004 adjusted correctly.
The stock speakers will sound better using this combo you have as long as its all adjusted correctly.

Dennis
Dennis thank you so much for your reply,

you're right with the adjustments right they do sound a lot better. However, I just noticed that my front left sub speaker is not working, no sound at all, but the 3.5 speaker is still working. Also the two rear speakers have no sound either. Any idea as to what this could be?
Old 04-10-2017, 03:12 PM
gpd132
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just changed out my HU and used the same module. There were no instructions about making the adjustments so I just left it alone. Now the bass is on the weak side. But i wasn't sure if I needed to adjust the HU or the module or both?
Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 PM
SMChevy7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gpd132
I just changed out my HU and used the same module. There were no instructions about making the adjustments so I just left it alone. Now the bass is on the weak side. But i wasn't sure if I needed to adjust the HU or the module or both?
mine ended up sounding awesome. I'd reccomend adjusting your head unit to how you think you'll listen to it. And then adjusting the gain on each speaker till it's loud as possible with no distortion, the door speakers end up putting out a lot of sound, not necessarily the highest quality though

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Bose system question

Quick Reply: C5 Bose system question