Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anyone have any pictures of Amp wire runs in a C6z/GS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:40 AM
NotLawReview
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Does anyone have any pictures of Amp wire runs in a C6z/GS?

I'm looking to install a couple of JL Slash amps (300/4 and 500/1) that I pulled out of my old C5z and I'm curious as to how everyone ran the wiring to the battery that is located in the passenger rear of the C6z/GS.

The battery compartment is pretty tight so there's not much room to add on a terminal splitter or distribution block, and I'm curious as to how people got the wiring to the battery underneath the compartment cover.

I searched this forum pretty extensively but couldn't find any examples (most of what I found were on base C6s with front batteries, or I found posts that were too old so their image hosting had expired).

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:23 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I snipped the ends off of the stock wires, crimped on some new terminals, and used marine terminals from WalMart. You can then easily add anything you want.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:15 AM
NotLawReview
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
I snipped the ends off of the stock wires, crimped on some new terminals, and used marine terminals from WalMart. You can then easily add anything you want.

Just so I understand completely, the terminals you crimped onto the stock wires are just some "O" shaped terminals that would be secured by the wingnuts in the picture?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:27 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by NotLawReview
Just so I understand completely, the terminals you crimped onto the stock wires are just some "O" shaped terminals that would be secured by the wingnuts in the picture?
Correct.

If you don't have anything that can crimp on spades that big you can get a "hammer crimping tool" for under $20.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:19 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

My base 05 c6, I had 2 extra batteries installed in the rear with 0awg ran from front to back.

distribution block located behind passenger seat.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone have any pictures of Amp wire runs in a C6z/GS?

Quick Reply: Does anyone have any pictures of Amp wire runs in a C6z/GS?