Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Does anyone make C6 speaker adapters that will acccomodate 3-way components?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:57 PM
NotLawReview
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Does anyone make C6 speaker adapters that will acccomodate 3-way components?

I pulled a nice set of Boston Acoustic Pro Series 6.5x3s out of my old C5Z and would like to install them in my '10 C6 GS but know that 3-ways are a bit harder to install in a C6.

Does anyone have pics of 3-way setups that they run? I do not want to modify the A-Pillars or anything like that, really just looking to put the woofers down low right next to each other with the tweeter up high in the door.

Does anyone know of any adapters that would accommodate this? Or alternatively, any websites that will custom build some adapters?

Thanks!
Pat

Last edited by NotLawReview; 03-06-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Here's a few. The pic of the speakers in the door is just mocked up. I made a custom spacer for the mid. You will have to trim the door panel slightly, it doesn't affect anything and can't be seen. I made a template to find a decent position. I ditched this setup because the image is too low for me. I went 3 ways again but mids up high and tweeters in the pillars. Make sure to use some closed cell foam and seal around the speaker to the door panel. This will keep sound from bouncing around in the door panel.
Attached Images     
Old 03-07-2017, 03:08 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Hey Curt, how do the 3 ways sound? Active or passive crossover?
Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Those were jl audio c5 653s running passive driven by a JL HD 900/5. Just used the dsp in the kenwood 9902s. Cpl things..I didn't seal the the air between the speaker and the door panel and I should have sealed the mid from the backside. Low end was good, midrange (900-3k) sucked and highs were ok. The mid was either dull or if EQd to sound decent it would give me ear fatigue.
The new setup will start as passive with dynaudio 362s, mosconi amps and mosconi dsp. Mid in the stock upper location and tw in pillar.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone make C6 speaker adapters that will acccomodate 3-way components?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone make C6 speaker adapters that will acccomodate 3-way components?