Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 SQ audio upgrade - Scanspeak, Zapco, MiniDSP

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:00 PM
double0b
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 SQ audio upgrade - Scanspeak, Zapco, MiniDSP

Hi Everyone,

It's been a lot of years since I've dabbled in car audio, but shortly after buying my 06 C6 in August, I knew that the OEM Bose navigation and speakers had to go.

I started with a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX head unit, with a pair of pre-outs feeding a MiniDSP C-DSP 6x8 signal processor, outputting to a 5-channel Zapco amplifier. 1 channel for each front tweeter, one for each front mid, and one for a single subwoofer. The mid and tweeter baffles were made from 1/2" white birch plywood. The subwoofer enclosure is from VetteNuts. After several high-end home audio projects with Scanspeak and North Creek Audio, I knew that I wanted to have Scanspeak in the C6. I'm super pleased with that decision.

The pics dont show it, but I used Noico 80mil sound deadening on all reachable surfaces of the door, and the entire trunk. I didnt pull the seats or front carpet to apply there - perhaps in the future.

The MiniDSP was a huge learning curve for me, and there is a lot more tuning to go, to really bring this system to life, but I must say that it definitely already night/day better than any of my previous builds.

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
Signal Proccessor: MiniDSP C-DSP 6x8
Front Tweeters: Scanspeak D3004/6020 Illuminator series
Front Mids: Scanspeak 10W/4434G Discovery series
Subwoofer: JL 10w3v3
Amplifier: Zapco STX-5ii
Sound deadening: Noico 80mil
Here are some pics from my build.
Attached Images         
Old 03-28-2017, 12:21 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Real nice job. I see you went with the Pioneer head unit, nice choice. Really nice build, I'm sure it sounds great!
Old 04-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Tela83
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks awesome

Get notified of new replies

To C6 SQ audio upgrade - Scanspeak, Zapco, MiniDSP

Quick Reply: C6 SQ audio upgrade - Scanspeak, Zapco, MiniDSP