Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 03:37 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox

Several of you have emailed me requesting a group purchase for the Neo MP3 car jukebox, so here it is......But instead of making you guys wait for enough people, I will just give you the same price regardless of the number of people. :)

1) NEO Car Jukebox /w 20GB = $336.99 shipped.
2) CDC Adapter = $95 shipped.
3) PIE Adapter = $70 shipped.

And to sweeten the deal, I will include FREE shipping and handling on all of them. And all units will come with full manufacture warranty. Many people indicated that they do not want the FM modulator, so all prices below do not include the FM modulator. Anyone that wants it, please let email me at sales@tlelectronics.com :)

There are a few ways you can connect the NEO MP3 jukebox. You can connect the NEO MP3 jukebox to your stock CD player by using a PIE adapter. The adapter itself runs about $70 (I will give you the exact price once I hear back from PIE) and if your car is not pre-wired for a CD changer factory then you will also need a PIE wire harness which is also about $70.

The 2nd way of connecting is via a FM modulator. It will transmit the audio signal from Neo to your FM radio at 88.1, 88.7 or 89.1Mhz.

And then CDC Adapter which lets you directly connect your Neo Car Jukebox
MP3 Player to your car's aftermarket headunits. You can control the Neo Car Jukebox, see the Directory name and song name while you browse (On headunits that have text display). Your radio will think the Neo Car Jukebox is its own CD-Changer and communicate with it. With the CDC Adapter you get clean and smooth sound quality because the Neo Car Jukebox is directly connected to your Headunit via the CDC Adapter.

Compatible headunits includes Pioneer headunits with IP bus, Kenwood units that support CD text or Sirius Radio (cd text also), and Alpine /w Ai-Net.

You can basically use any kind of IDE hard drive with the NEO. There is no size limit. Some Hard drives seem to work better than others. As a rule of thumb, Western digital drives have a hard time and Maxtor or Seagate drives work well. 7200rpm and 5400rpm drives will both work in the NEO but it seems better to use 5400rpm because they draw less current and do not produce as much heat.

Here are some of the features:

• 20GB/40GB/80GB or 120GB Storage space ( Roughly 400/800/1600/2400 CD's)
• Installs like a CD-changer and can be mounted in any angle.
• Comes with a Home Stereo docking bay
• Fits in all Cars
• Mini Browser for easy CD search
• Have your Music by Genre, Artist, Alphabet etc..
• Built in Equalizer
• Various Playmodes: Random, Random All, Repeat, Repeat All, Dir-Only, -
Folder & Sub-Folders, Random Play-List & Cue Up Next Song
• Digital Analog converter: Dual 18-bit
• Mounts like standard Changers
• Includes wired front display panel
• Displays mp3 filename and ID3 tags
• Internal Shock-Absorbing Suspension
• Can be mounted in any angle
• FM modulated and RCA connection to your Head Unit
• Fast USB 2.0 Connection • Comes with Management software that records your CDs
• Automatically retrieves CD info. ( Genre, Artist name, Album, Track)
• Appears like a regular drive, Drag & Drop any mp3 file to and from it.
• Compatible with: Windows XP, Win2000, WinME, Win98, Win95OSR2,
• Also Compatible with: MAC OS X, OS 9, OS 8
• Operates with a 3.5" IDE hard-drive
• Supports MP2 and MP3 at 8-320 Kbps (including VBR)
• Accepts playlists (M3U files)
• Easily upgradeable via downloadable firmware
• Digital anti-shock mechanism ( 2 Minutes)
• Built-in equalizer
• Infra-red (IR) credit size remote control
• Remote control panel for trunk installation.
• Car/home docking bays
• Four line LCD displays track/directory information, volume, and play mode with backlight.
• Includes various play modes, including randomization, randomization of playlists, repeat, repeat all, song queue and more
• One-year full warranty

[Modified by Tuan Le, 1:54 AM 2/17/2003]
Old 02-14-2003, 08:41 AM
jwight
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Re: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox (Tuan Le)

Thanks Tuan!

Price will be the deciding factor I'm sure; I think the 20GB versons are available for around $350+shipping. If you can beat that there should be some interest. Also have to figure in the price of an adapter to connect the Neo to the Bose head unit. Mike Mercury had a thread on this several weeks ago if you can find it. I've seen his install and it's really neat; the only issues are where to mount the remote control unit and sound quality compared to stock CD unit. What I heard sound exactly the same but some people might notice a difference.

:seeya
Old 02-14-2003, 01:39 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Default Re: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox (jwight)

Thanks Tuan!

Price will be the deciding factor I'm sure; I think the 20GB versons are available for around $350+shipping.
If we have enough people, I can definitely beat that $350 price. To sweeten the deal, I can even throw in the FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING. :cheers:
Old 02-14-2003, 04:04 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm in, they are great, my 3 I bought a month ago arrived yesterday and was using one today. I definately want to buy one for my personal use.

Thanks Tuan!

Price will be the deciding factor I'm sure; I think the 20GB versons are available for around $350+shipping. If we have enough people, I can definitely beat that $350 price. To sweeten the deal, I can even throw in the FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING. :cheers:

[Modified by gdh, 4:05 PM 2/14/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 07:19 AM
gtragitt
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

I will probably buy one. I would like to see how they are installed before purchasing.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:59 PM
jwight
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox (gtragitt)

Here's the thread on Mike Mercury's install:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=479095

Tuan, what do you know about the PIE adapter needed to hook up to the Bose head unit? Cost, etc?

Thanks! :seeya
Old 02-16-2003, 03:42 PM
VetteRacer282
Drifting

I would be interested in one. Preferbly without a HardDrive in it (if they still do them that way). Price of course will determine for sure.
I dont frequent this part of the forum, so please email or post in this topic whats going on :)

Matt
Old 02-16-2003, 06:23 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

Tuan, I'm definately interested! Which head units have the MP3 ability to plug the CDC cable into? I'd much rather buy from you to help a good forum member out!

With the compatible CDC units can you still scroll through the folders etc like you can on the wired remote that comes with the NEO Car Jukebox.

[Modified by C5Noir, 6:46 PM 2/16/2003]
Old 02-17-2003, 02:14 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Tuan, what do you know about the PIE adapter needed to hook up to the Bose head unit? Cost, etc?
The PIE adapter is approximately $70. I am currently talking to the manufacture right now and I should be able to get the exact price within the next couple days.

The PIE GM10-AUX adapter allow you to connect any device that has RCA outputs to your CD-changer auxiliary port without using a FM modulator. And if your Corvette is not pre-wired for the CD-changer from the factory, you will need a PIE corvette harness cable which is another $70 (approximately).

I would be interested in one. Preferbly without a HardDrive in it (if they still do them that way). Price of course will determine for sure.
Unfortunately do sell it without the harddrive. Unless we can find 50 people that want theirs without the drive. :)

Tuan, I'm definately interested! Which head units have the MP3 ability to plug the CDC cable into? I'd much rather buy from you to help a good forum member out!

With the compatible CDC units can you still scroll through the folders etc like you can on the wired remote that comes with the NEO Car Jukebox.
Thanks C5Noir. :D

Currently, they have the CDC adapter for Alpine (Ai-Net), Kenwood, Pioneer (IP Bus), and Sony. I haven't had one hooked up yet so I can't tell you whether or not you can still scroll through the folders or not. I will get one installed as soon as those units are here. :cheers: Which head units do you have? I have the Alpine one. :)

-Tuan
Old 02-17-2003, 09:18 AM
jwight
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Tuan,

Thanks for the feedback and putting it all together. Just to make sure I understand, for a Z06 (no CD changer prewire), I'll need the Neo unit ($336.99), a PIE adapter ($70) and the cable assy ($70), total of $477 including shipping. Since I'm not a stereo installer, any chance of including a set of basic instructions (or posting them on the forum after you've done your install)? :cheers:

[Modified by jwight, 9:19 AM 2/17/2003]
Old 02-17-2003, 12:01 PM
MHLY01
Burning Brakes

Is it cheaper to buy the 20gig unit and then buy a larger hardrive from a place such as newegg.com to use in it? 20gigs is not enough :) Also, this comes with the USB connection cradle correct? Last question, do you have a price for the home theater dock so I can transfer between the two and use it in my car and home theater as well. Thanks
Old 02-18-2003, 02:01 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Just to make sure I understand, for a Z06 (no CD changer prewire), I'll need the Neo unit ($336.99), a PIE adapter ($70) and the cable assy ($70), total of $477 including shipping.
Unless the stereo system in the Z06 is different than the one in the coupes (I can't think of any reasons why it would be different), that is exactly what you need.

Since I'm not a stereo installer, any chance of including a set of basic instructions (or posting them on the forum after you've done your install)?
I will definitely post the instructions and pictures after it's installed. :cheers:

Last question, do you have a price for the home theater dock so I can transfer between the two and use it in my car and home theater as well.
The home docking bay is $99.99 /W FREE shipping and handling.

:cheers:
Old 02-18-2003, 01:38 PM
sacarmic
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What display/control functionality do you get with alpine ai-net adapter?

Scott
Old 02-18-2003, 04:20 PM
DarkDragon
Advanced

Default Re: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox (sacarmic)

Just a suggestion: I went with a Dension vs the NEO and I really like it. http://www.densionusa.com/home.htm
Old 02-18-2003, 04:27 PM
gtragitt
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox (DarkDragon)

Why pay more for the Dension?
Old 02-19-2003, 06:28 PM
VETFEVR
Instructor

:cheers: Tuan! I have an interest in this proposal! :D :D
How does that NEO get power? I have a Y2K coupe with CD in the rear compartment. If I mount this Neo near the CD, can I draw power from the CD unit? Do one of the cables you show (presume PIE) allow me then to use the existing controls on the head unit to play, seek, etc. from the Neo? This could be quite nice. :) :) :)
FEVR
Old 02-19-2003, 07:49 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Default Re: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox

What display/control functionality do you get with alpine ai-net adapter?
This is directly from the manufacture website.
• Play
• Stop
• Next Song
• Previous Song
• Fast Foward
• Reverse
• Random
• Random All
• Playlist
• All Play Modes
• MP3 Tags
• Unit Powers on and off with Headunit.

I will report back with more info once the my shipment gets here. Due to the snow up on Northeast side of the country, it is being delayed. But it should be here sometime next week. :)

How does that NEO get power? I have a Y2K coupe with CD in the rear compartment. If I mount this Neo near the CD, can I draw power from the CD unit? Do one of the cables you show (presume PIE) allow me then to use the existing controls on the head unit to play, seek, etc. from the Neo?
I am not sure about the current/amp requirement for this unit. I will post more info once the shipment arrives.

But with the PIE cable & stock headunit, you will need to use the NEO remote display unit to control the juke box.

-Tuan

Get notified of new replies

To Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox

Old 02-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Coupe89
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

What does it take for this thing to hangup.
I will have harsh suspension and a moving harddrive heads???
Old 02-20-2003, 01:58 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Default Re: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox (Coupe89)

What does it take for this thing to hangup.
I will have harsh suspension and a moving harddrive heads???
I'm sure they took that into consideration when designing these units. And just FYI, there is a 1 year warranty. Other companies such as Sony also have hard-drive base headunits...

But you do have a valid concern. :)
Old 02-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Here is a pic of where I SHOULD OF mounted the Neo display; but as you can see I have an amateur radio mounted there:

I just recently took all my audio CD's and copied the "good" songs off each disk to the Neo; plus a few I didn't have were downloaded from Kazaa.
More music than I would ever need and I've only used up 2.5gb of the 20gb hard drive.... using the higher quality 192k MP3 compression rate.

The NEO has it's hard drive shock mounted.

You use to be able to buy the Neo without a hard drive; but can't anymore. With the prices of hard-drives being so cheap... it didn't save you much money... plus the problems with warranty when using a different hard drive that what is usually shipped with it.

[Modified by Mike Mercury, 12:04 PM 2/21/2003]

Quick Reply: Group Purchase for NEO Car Jukebox