Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CD player will NOT eject CD, in-dash C5!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Tormania
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default CD player will NOT eject CD, in-dash C5!!

This problem arose last night, my CD player will play my CD but when I attempted to eject it the CD gets hung and will not come out. The player tries 3 times to reload then eject it but to no avail. I then get the standard "ERR" message. What can I do short of having to take it to the dealer to get a new head unit? Any ideas or suggestions? :confused: :cuss :banghead:
Old 04-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Conquer
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: CD player will NOT eject CD, in-dash C5!! (Tormania)

Sounds like a warped CD... not the CD player. Play it for a second again so the CD will spin inside and reposition itself in hopes of making it out.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Grzldvt
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had this happen when I have played the same home burnt CD with a label. They get very hot and expand to the point it won't clear the entry point. It plays fine, but won't come out. The next morning, after it cooled down it came right out. Another option is to use needle nose pliers to grab the edge and give it a slight tug, while pushing the eject button.
I have stoped putting labels on the CD's that I play in the 98.

[Modified by Grzldvt, 9:39 PM 4/5/2003]
Old 04-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Tormania
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

FYI, the CD is a standard commerically sold CD, not a burned copy with any sort of label. I don't believe the CD is warped because after I turn the car off and then back on it will load and play fine, it just won't eject.

UPDATE! The CD ejected fine yesterday afternoon after the car sat in the garage for almost 24 hrs. Don't know why it hung up but it's fine now. I can see some fine scratches on the edge of the CD where it was getting rubbed from tryign to eject. The CD is not warped, laid perfectly flat on a glass table. Just glad it came out, I didn't want to think about having to tear the dash apart to get a new head unit.

[Modified by Tormania, 8:21 AM 4/7/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To CD player will NOT eject CD, in-dash C5!!

Quick Reply: CD player will NOT eject CD, in-dash C5!!