Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C4 Stereo installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Fett
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Stereo installation

First off, I did do a search on this and didn't fine much on it. I am putting a stereo in my 1994 coupe. My problem is that I have two harnesses coming out of the back of the factory non-Bose radio. One has 7 wires and the other has 9 wires. I went looking for a harness plug, and the guys looked at me like I was from another planet. I even took the old radio with me. They said they have never seen a plug like that one. (well, 2) the other problem is that there is no antenna attachment going into the back of the unit? Can someone please help me with this mess?

All the posts I see talking about wire colors don't apply as I have different colors. (Yes, it is the factory radio) Here's what I have:

7 wire harness:
Red
White with Red stripe
Orange
Gray
Brown
Green
White with Green Stripe

9 Wire Plug:
Blue with Black stripe
Bule
Brown
Black (Bare)
Red
White
Yellow
White
Black

Thanks in advance for any help!! :banghead:
Old 05-25-2003, 12:32 PM
duper
Intermediate

Default Re: C4 Stereo installation (Fett)

I have a '92 and just installed a new hu. I found what is called a receiver unit which in my car is located under the dash just in front of passenger seat.The antenna cable,2 harnesses for speaker wires and 0ne harness which has ground, 12v to battery,12v ignition and pink wire to power the antenna up and down. Hope this helps some. I installed new speakers and ran new wire to them. I 'm having a problem with the antenna though as the motor keeps running after it is raised,but does turnoff when lowered ? Still working on that problem. Hope this helps some.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Fett
Instructor

Default Re: C4 Stereo installation (duper)

Yes, it did help. On my '94, the receiver unit is behind the passanger seat in the compartment. I had to run new wire from there up to the dash. What a pain in the butt! What a stupid design! I did however get it done, and now have a good stereo and speakers.

On to your problem.... did you connect the antenna power up to the Pink wire in your harness?
Old 05-28-2003, 06:15 PM
corvette-pilot
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it did help. On my '94, the receiver unit is behind the passanger seat in the compartment. I had to run new wire from there up to the dash. What a pain in the butt! What a stupid design! I did however get it done, and now have a good stereo and speakers.
Why did you have to get at the module in the rear? I also have a 94 and want to do something with an entire system. I would figure as long as I get the head unit out and the new one in then the reciever section should be able to just sit there??
Old 05-28-2003, 06:32 PM
duper
Intermediate

I pulled upward on the antenna a bit and that seemed to do the trick ? It now goes up and down no problem! Thanks for asking ! :cheers:
Old 05-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Fett
Instructor

Default Re: C4 Stereo installation (corvette-pilot)

Why did you have to get at the module in the rear? I also have a 94 and want to do something with an entire system. I would figure as long as I get the head unit out and the new one in then the reciever section should be able to just sit there??
There is no need for the receiver anymore with the stereo I got. So I figured why leave the receiver in there? It just adds weight. (Plus, the wires that run from the receiver to the Head Unit look kinda wimpy)

[Modified by Fett, 3:31 AM 5/29/2003]
Old 05-29-2003, 07:36 AM
corvette-pilot
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no need for the receiver anymore with the stereo I got. So I figured why leave the receiver in there? It just adds weight. (Plus, the wires that run from the receiver to the Head Unit look kinda wimpy)[Modified by Fett, 3:31 AM 5/29/2003]
Gotcha !
I heard of it being there just didn't know what good it was once the hu was swapped out.
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Stereo installation

Quick Reply: C4 Stereo installation