Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Wiring in a Toyota Matrix

Old 06-07-2003, 06:22 PM
TheWacoKid
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Wiring in a Toyota Matrix

I am thinking about adding an amp to my father's Matrix for a sub...there is an option for a Bazooka sub from the factory. This leads me to believe that I could tap in to that at the back of the car where the Bazooka hooks up to intall the amp. Thing is, I don't know where or what to look for.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the optional bazooka sub? I assume it will have a 12 constant, remote, ground, and low level outputs. The pin-out for that plug if it is there on models without the sub would help a lot instead of trial and error! :cheers:
Old 06-07-2003, 06:49 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Wiring in a Toyota Matrix (TheWacoKid)

I would bet money that bazooka has a harness option available.

Also, the powered bazookas run off of a strange bridged sorta hookup. For example, they work with speaker levels, and are signal sensing.

What happens is that you attach 12 V + & -, then add the speaker connections - + from one side, - from the other.

When the stereo is powered, the amp powers and the sound begins!

Old 06-07-2003, 09:50 PM
TheWacoKid
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: Wiring in a Toyota Matrix (bogus)

I would bet money that bazooka has a harness option available.

Also, the powered bazookas run off of a strange bridged sorta hookup. For example, they work with speaker levels, and are signal sensing.

What happens is that you attach 12 V + & -, then add the speaker connections - + from one side, - from the other.

When the stereo is powered, the amp powers and the sound begins!
So is the wiring for it already there? I won't have a chance to dig into the car until my dad takes the vette to work on a nice day. Also, I may have to rig a way to get the amp to turn on when the reciever is turned on because the amp I have now does not have an auto turn on circuit...is there any easy way to make it turn on short of a switch on a 12v constant line? I guess I could just tap into the light circuit for the license plate bulb...it is a switched 12v source that should have enough amperage to support an amp remote line. Sound good?

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring in a Toyota Matrix

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring in a Toyota Matrix