Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Go FasTA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation

I've got a 2002 Coupe with the single CD head unit. I recently replaced my 1st generation Pioneer 903 XM tuner (FM modulated) with the new Terk XM Commander. I want to hook this unit up using the RCA outputs, so I purchased the PIE GM10-AUX and the COR-HAR.

I found both the 3-pin and 4-pin connectors in the passenger footwell and connected the COR-HAR to them. I then connected the GM10-AUX to the COR-HAR, and finally the RCA connectors to the outputs on the XM Commander.

I now try to access the AUX input on the head unit, but when I press the CD/AUX button all I get is the CD icon with the text "CD" flashing. The display never shows "Disc 1 Track 1" as I would have expected. If I press the button again, I am able to listen to the CD in the CD player.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:20 AM
DocToss
Pro

Default Re: Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation (Go FasTA)

Have you tried another source input to try on the rca inputs to make sure it is a problem with the inputs and not the xm?
Old 01-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Go FasTA
Advanced

Default Re: Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation (DocToss)

I haven't tried that yet. I don't have another input source that can easily be used in the car. I'll try to get something down there tonight to try.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
DocToss
Pro

I just ordered the harness and an aux input also. I hope to get started on it in a couple of days. I am interested if you can get it to work.Did you contact the vendor who sold it to you also?
Old 01-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Go FasTA
Advanced

I got in touch with PIE today and they advised that the Corvette head-unit was "touchy" when it came to recognizing the GM10-AUX adapter. Their suggestion was to unhook the GM10-AUX from the COR-HAR and disconnect the negative battery terminal. Leave the car for a few minutes, then reconnect the battery cable and turn on the ignition. Let the head-unit power up and recognize that there is no "CD Changer". Now repeat the process, however, this time before reconnecting the battery you should reconnect the GM10-AUX to the COR-HAR.

Doing this worked for me. I now have audio via the RCA outputs on my XM tuner. :)
Old 01-29-2004, 08:18 AM
DocToss
Pro

You won't have to do this every time you switch between cd changer and aux device will you?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Go FasTA
Advanced

No, once the head unit successfully registers the adapter it remembers that it's there. This is the reason that I had to disconnect the battery to get mine to work.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:47 PM
stingrey
Advanced

Still waiting for cor-har, but have ?s before I get it... Where do I hook the cables up to when I get 'em? I have looked in the passenger footwell compartment and not found anything that appears like it can hook up to anything except for two plugs on the left of the compartment that are empty right now. Any info (pictures especially) would be appreciated.

Rey :)
Old 02-05-2004, 04:43 PM
CoastalRAP
Safety Car

Default Re: Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation (stingrey)

The COR-HAR will connect to the two connectors found next to the fuse panel in the passenger compartment. Although the directions that come with the harness said that one (B) connector was clipped to the metal bracket above the fuse box, it was actually clipped to the metal bracket to the right of the fuse box. The other connector (A) was under the floor carpet taped to the harness already in the car.

The COR-HAR will connect to the connectors already in the car and the GM-AUX will connect to that. You will need another cable from a place like Radio Shack to go from the RCA phone type plugs to what ever you need to plug into your auxiliary device (mp3) most likely a stereo mini. Take the earphone that you got with the player with you to make sure you get the right size.

Old 02-05-2004, 07:11 PM
stingrey
Advanced

Default Re: Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation (Fifty by Fifty)

Thanks for the pics, that is exactly what I'm after :) Much appreciated! I'll try and get some close-ups if I get this done this week sometime for future reference if needed. Thanks again!

Rey :)

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation

Quick Reply: Problems with PIE GM10-AUX and COR-HAR installation