Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

GM10-AUX Failure?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 08:54 AM
jwg2
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default GM10-AUX Failure?

Has anyone had one of their GM10-AUX units fail?

I have a 2001 Z06 and I am using the aux adapter and a COR-HAR to plug a satellite receiver into the CD changer. Its worked flawlessly for months now, but suddenly I'm getting intermittent failures where the head unit is not seeing the "CD Changer". I've torn down the entire system and isolated the problem to be somewhere between the aux adapter and the head unit. My focus is on the aux adapter because a) its the easiest thing to replace ;-) and b) because I don't have a lot of confidence in the snugness of the connectors.

I'm looking for some anecdotal input before I get really serious about troubleshooting and start replacing parts.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:19 AM
RJ98Vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure if this is exactly on point, but I have a GM-AUX10 and use it to connect an iPod in place of the 12 disc CD changer.

But for what it's worth, when I was looking for a solution to connect the iPod, my normal installer said he doesn't use PIE components as they tend to cause more problems.

I do notice that if I do not connect / turn on the individual pieces in the correct order (and sometimes have to do it a couple of times), I don't get the iPod signal across.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
jwg2
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting. What do you find to be the correct order?

I've got a Sirius/Jensen satellite tuner and a OEM head unit connected togther through the aux unit and the cd changer. I usually leave them on, so they light up when I turn the car on. Never had problems until recently.

What alternatives to the PIE connector exist?
Old 11-18-2004, 05:04 PM
johnny778
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has recently started to happen to me as well. Currently have a XM Commander hooked up to via the PIE corvette harness to the GM-10 AUX. For some reason, it only does not recognize it early in the morning when its colder. Sometime's if i keep restarting the radio it finally finds it. After sitting in the parking lot at work it will usually work on my way home. Its very frustrating seeing how i paid 150 for both cables!!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:56 PM
bbster
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

I have mine in for about a year with no problems. I have Sirius Sattelite connected to the cd changer harness..
Old 11-19-2004, 12:30 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only had a problem with my XM Commander "talking" to my factory HU through the PIE GM10-AUX when I disconnect the battery. Anytime I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, I have to unplug the CD Changer harness from my GM10-AUX and then plug back in. Its not a big deal for me, so I really don't care about it. I plan on redoing the entire stereo system in the next year and when that happens, I will have a HU that is XM ready.

Get notified of new replies

To GM10-AUX Failure?

Quick Reply: GM10-AUX Failure?