Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Optima Batteries WHOS USING THEM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Shadoejack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default heh

I have a yellowtop in my 96 and did no modifications whatsoever to get it in.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:29 PM
snoopdan
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadoejack
I have a yellowtop in my 96 and did no modifications whatsoever to get it in.

yes, and if you read the thread thouroughly you would of also included the model of your yellow top and pics. So posting what you did is kind of useless. You may think im picking on you, but why post stuff without providing any information? I mean, If I started a thread named "I have a dog, I dont know what kind it is, can you help me?" and people add to the thread saying "I have a dog." - it really doesnt do anyone any good.

snoopdan
Old 01-12-2005, 04:49 PM
aeronautica86
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by snoopdan
yes, and if you read the thread thouroughly you would of also included the model of your yellow top and pics. So posting what you did is kind of useless. You may think im picking on you, but why post stuff without providing any information? I mean, If I started a thread named "I have a dog, I dont know what kind it is, can you help me?" and people add to the thread saying "I have a dog." - it really doesnt do anyone any good.

snoopdan
Because other people with late model c4s might read this thread and think to themselves "Hey, I want an Optima in my car...wonder if it will fit?"; and if people give all the input they have, these types of questions are answered. Remember, this forum is not only for you to come get answers from, other people gain knowledge from posts in any given thread, so stop jumping on people that offer up other useful information.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:35 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redvett01
I wont use Optima Batterys because they weight too much. Weight is horsepower is ET. MPH or PERFORMANCE.

just take the battery out when you are going to the dragstrip
Old 01-12-2005, 07:43 PM
snoopdan
Drifting

Originally Posted by aeronautica86
stop jumping on people that offer up other useful information.
ok, fair enough.. lets look at your statement. What did the poster have to say again, hmm lets quote that "I have a yellowtop in my 96 and did no modifications whatsoever to get it in." .. So where is the usefullness in that? What model # was the battery? was it a side post or a top post terminal lead? Got a pic of it? How is his statement helpful? So, if I own a 96 C4, I can buy any optima Yellow top version! yeah ! thats great info!

You didnt read the threads either. * SIGH *

Old 01-12-2005, 09:52 PM
aeronautica86
Melting Slicks

ok, fair enough.. lets look at your statement. What did the poster have to say again, hmm lets quote that "I have a yellowtop in my 96 and did no modifications whatsoever to get it in." .. So where is the usefullness in that? What model # was the battery? was it a side post or a top post terminal lead? Got a pic of it? How is his statement helpful? So, if I own a 96 C4, I can buy any optima Yellow top version! yeah ! thats great info!

You didnt read the threads either. * SIGH *

First, I read every single post in this thread, second I'm not starting a flame war here, just pointing out that most of the posts in this thread are not irrelevant. Finally, yes his statement is helpful because it tells me that is possible to fit an optima yellow top into a late model C4 and that said installation required no modifications - probably a huge relief for those not interested in tampering with the car. True, he doesn't list the model number or have pics (not everyone has a digital camera) but I'm sure you could pm him for the model # or figure it out for yourself if you needed to.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:29 PM
snoopdan
Drifting

Old 01-13-2005, 08:34 AM
im20agn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by powderski13
Yellow Top 78/34. I haven't had any problems since replacing the dead OEM Delco in my 02 vert.
I was helped by this post because I have an 01 Vert and want to get a yellow top and wondered what size to get so thank you

Isn't it nice to have the freedom to post anything we want in a forum even if someone thinks it's stupid?

And isn't it nice to have the freedom to complain about those that post somthing they think is stupid?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Texaggie
Instructor

I had a red top in our 72 vert. Total failure after 8 months. Replaced with a Diehard.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:01 PM
OrthoAggie
Le Mans Master

well here you go...i decided to take the plunge today and get a yellow top...it is the larger size with top and side posts...it fit but i had to cut a little of the lip on the battery tray to make it fit perfectly...i also mounted it backwards so I had to extend the cables and did away with the side post for the (+) side but the (-) side has enough slack in it that you dont need to modifiy it at all, just move it toward the back

here are the pics...

yes i know the wires are a little messy but It will be cleaned up once i get this battery clamp
Old 01-17-2005, 07:50 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,706 Likes on 1,668 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

good job I have the same battery in my C5

By the way, do you know how to wash your hands
Old 01-17-2005, 08:07 PM
OrthoAggie
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
good job I have the same battery in my C5

By the way, do you know how to wash your hands
yes but i wanted to get the damn thing in there and I was tired of messing with it...i will clean it up when i have to take it out again next week when I should get my new terminals
Old 01-17-2005, 09:52 PM
snoopdan
Drifting

Originally Posted by deiaggie
yes but i wanted to get the damn thing in there and I was tired of messing with it...i will clean it up when i have to take it out again next week when I should get my new terminals

what model # is it?

good job by the way.. Finally someone posted something usefull
Old 01-18-2005, 12:57 AM
OrthoAggie
Le Mans Master

what model # is it?

good job by the way.. Finally someone posted something usefull
D34/78...got it from autozone as they seem to be cheapest locally since i would rather buy it from somewhere where i can actually get the full warranty
Old 01-22-2005, 06:01 PM
quantum-theory
Burning Brakes

I placed a red top in my 87. All I had to do was snap off the tabs on the tray. Peice of cake - very happy with the battery. I got it at costco for $99.99
Old 01-22-2005, 07:50 PM
snoopdan
Drifting

Now that, i'll actually might do as well. What model was the one you bought?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:58 PM
quantum-theory
Burning Brakes

There is only one model red they carry. That's the one I used. It fit right inot the tray after I snapped off the risers with a pair of plyers.

Get notified of new replies

To Optima Batteries WHOS USING THEM?

Old 01-22-2005, 11:26 PM
snoopdan
Drifting

Originally Posted by quantum-theory
There is only one model red they carry. That's the one I used. It fit right inot the tray after I snapped off the risers with a pair of plyers.

I have no idea what a costco is. Here in hickland kentucky, all we have as autozone and oriley's...Again, a model number would help.

Thnks
Old 01-23-2005, 12:00 AM
2th farmer
Melting Slicks

CI 6-8-9 Veteran

I have no idea what a costco is. Here in hickland kentucky, all we have as autozone and oriley's...Again, a model number would help.

Thnks
I just put a yellow top in my 64. I took my old battery in and set it down beside the new optima it looked close enough to fit back in my battery tray. I purchased the battery (only model of yellow top that Advance carries) and put the battery in the car tightened up the battery holders and replaced the terminals. The car started, I closed the hood and went back inside my house. What is the BIG deal!!!!! My part of "hickland" has Autozone,Oreilly's, and Advance .By the way I kinda like "hickland"!!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:59 AM
snoopdan
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2th farmer
I just put a yellow top in my 64. I took my old battery in and set it down beside the new optima it looked close enough to fit back in my battery tray. I purchased the battery (only model of yellow top that Advance carries) and put the battery in the car tightened up the battery holders and replaced the terminals. The car started, I closed the hood and went back inside my house. What is the BIG deal!!!!! My part of "hickland" has Autozone,Oreilly's, and Advance .By the way I kinda like "hickland"!!
dont mind me. Thanks to all who posted.

Quick Reply: Optima Batteries WHOS USING THEM?