Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

How to sell Franklin Mint models

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 03:33 PM
prj323
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to sell Franklin Mint models

Hello, I was a Forum member for quite a few years but stopped participating around 8-10 years ago a while after I sold my 2000 coupe. I'd owned a '62 for around 20 years which I sold to buy the 2000.

Anyway, we're downsizing (again) and I want to sell my complete set of Franklin Mint models (1:24, I believe) that began with the '53 (I think) and the last one I bought was a C6. They're all in perfect shape and I have the original boxes for most of them. Just need to dig them out of the shelves in the garage to be able to detail each piece. I also have the smaller set that came with a wall display unit.

I see them on eBay for around $60 to much more, but I don't think I can afford the time to piece out the set, photograph all of them, and do a whole eBay listing.

If anyone is, or knows anyone who is, interested in taking the entire set I'd be very willing to make them a very good deal. Email me through my member account here.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:23 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by prj323
Hello, I was a Forum member for quite a few years but stopped participating around 8-10 years ago a while after I sold my 2000 coupe. I'd owned a '62 for around 20 years which I sold to buy the 2000.

Anyway, we're downsizing (again) and I want to sell my complete set of Franklin Mint models (1:24, I believe) that began with the '53 (I think) and the last one I bought was a C6. They're all in perfect shape and I have the original boxes for most of them. Just need to dig them out of the shelves in the garage to be able to detail each piece. I also have the smaller set that came with a wall display unit.

I see them on eBay for around $60 to much more, but I don't think I can afford the time to piece out the set, photograph all of them, and do a whole eBay listing.

If anyone is, or knows anyone who is, interested in taking the entire set I'd be very willing to make them a very good deal. Email me through my member account here.
Need an asking price for the whole set, forum rule.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html
Old 04-26-2016, 02:37 AM
prj323
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Need an asking price for the whole set, forum rule.

OK. I get that. I guess I'll have to open all the boxes, log all the models (I think there are 25 or so), and check eBay for prices to get a starting point. I was hoping someone would have a simpler idea, but it seems that won't fly. Back later!
Old 04-26-2016, 10:36 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

OK. I get that. I guess I'll have to open all the boxes, log all the models (I think there are 25 or so), and check eBay for prices to get a starting point. I was hoping someone would have a simpler idea, but it seems that won't fly. Back later!
Sorry, I thought you were asking someone to take the whole set. If they did, how much is your asking price for the whole set?

An alternate, would it be possible to ask the same price for each, or would the wanted prices be that different from one to another?

I'm not trying to make this difficult, just trying to follow forum rules.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:15 PM
prj323
3rd Gear

I do want to see if I can sell the whole set at once, but it is all packed away in boxes so I was just trying to get some input on a) any way to do that, and/or b) see if anyone here would be interested. I didn't realize I needed a price to start the conversation. Actually, I thought these models were known well enough that anyone interested might be better equipped to estimate a value than I would.

I'll be back when I've had time to unpack them and do more research.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I do want to see if I can sell the whole set at once, but it is all packed away in boxes so I was just trying to get some input on a) any way to do that, and/or b) see if anyone here would be interested. I didn't realize I needed a price to start the conversation. Actually, I thought these models were known well enough that anyone interested might be better equipped to estimate a value than I would.

I'll be back when I've had time to unpack them and do more research.
Will wait and leave thread open.

Get notified of new replies

To How to sell Franklin Mint models

Quick Reply: How to sell Franklin Mint models