Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

Check our version of the Big 3!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 12:17 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Great upgrade for people with after market radios!!!
Old 07-02-2016, 02:12 AM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

How accurate is that 30 min install. More like a 2hr with limited skills and tools? What all is being changed out? I'm interested.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:34 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by dbs1vette
How accurate is that 30 min install. More like a 2hr with limited skills and tools? What all is being changed out? I'm interested.
Hi dbs1vette,

It really only takes about 30-45 minutes with basic skills.
Did you see the installation video?

We also have written instructions.

Thank you,
Christian

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!
Old 07-08-2016, 11:54 AM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Although I have an optima red top battery with side and top posts, the car has cables being used on the top posts. How would this work in that scenario?
Old 07-08-2016, 07:59 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Although I have an optima red top battery with side and top posts, the car has cables being used on the top posts. How would this work in that scenario?
Hi,
If you look here, we have the Big 3 Top Post. Click on the pictures.
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/Big-3.html

It actually easier to install.

Thank you,
Christian
Old 08-22-2016, 08:21 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Yowsa. You forgot the part about...just in case we don't send you those Cerrated washers and small towel thing...and of course if like me you have top post and have to take them off to put the front post setup on and have to take off the battery hold own...oh mama. You miss half the fun. Sparks and all.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:37 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Yowsa. You forgot the part about...just in case we don't send you those Cerrated washers and small towel thing...and of course if like me you have top post and have to take them off to put the front post setup on and have to take off the battery hold own...oh mama. You miss half the fun. Sparks and all.
Hi,
Not sure what dowel pin you are referring to? You should only have a serrated washer for the ground bolt to the head. We use to put them on the battery terms but found there is a better connection without them because they hold the nut off the cable terminal and without them there is more surface area between the nut and terminal.
The video is of the early version and we have made a few refinements to the newer kits.

Thanks
Christian
Old 08-23-2016, 04:45 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

I figured as such. Mine just was a little more complicated with having top post connections, but utilizing the side connections for your product. I did the side setup because I already had some additional wiring going to the top post as well.

It seemed it would be easier to just pull the battery completely out after removing my top post cables and all the connections in order to access putting the side posts connections in, just lots of wiring to work around in a small area. Having big hands is not a plus on this kind of installation and dropping that battery holdown back in there with limited room was just a slight challenge.

The big hands came in handy back in the day milking cows, but not so much when working in tight spaces on mechanical things. Got the job done though, and as advertised...more amps and for me my car just seems to run better and have more power along with smoother idle and less hiccups with the 600hp 416 and rumpitty cam.

Thanks guys!!!

PS ... Small piece of TOWELL to keep the nut in the socket on that long drop for the grounding cable nut down beside the battery was missing. Made me walk over 15ft to tear the corner of one in my garage (ahhh, much needed exercise!)...BUT it worked. That would have been another adventure there, as I had a slight curve ball as the housing around the battery has a little flange at that point with a hole in it that was supposed to go over that ground lug. The guys installing the engine missed that and it was in the way of dropping that ground strap over the lug. Had to use my 3rd hand to move it out of the way, while dropping the strap on and tightening the nut.

The front ground strap already had the hole filled at the head location with a bracket holding my catch can and some flat washers on the bolt. I used your same reasoning here and opted to reuse what was there with a split lock washer and flat washer vs the Cerrated bolt and washer provided, thinking I'd get a better ground. A long winded way to answer your questions. Thx.

Last edited by dbs1vette; 08-23-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:04 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 905 Likes on 569 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Anything for C6 Z06/ZR1/GS with the battery in the back? Lots of Z06 guys with starter problems these days.

Last edited by wjnjr; 01-05-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:16 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Anything for C6 Z06/ZR1/GS with the battery in the back? Lots of Z06 guys with starter problems these days.
Sorry we don't have a Big 3 for that C6 Z06/ZR1/GS.
Looks like something we need to work on.

Thanks
Christian
Old 12-05-2017, 10:48 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

SacCityCorvette has developed a BIG 3 installation kit for the C5 and C6 Corvette. PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE:http://www.saccitycorvette.com/C5Products.html
Old 12-06-2017, 03:29 PM
96darkhorse
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Might be interested in this

Quick Reply: Check our version of the Big 3!