Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

WTB: LS6 Block ? LS2 Complete ? 234 head ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS6 Block ? LS2 Complete ? 234 head ?

Well I lost my LS6 at VIR this past week so I am in the market for a new motor so I figured I would post here to see if anyone has options for me.

There are a couple paths I could take but here is things i thought of

LS6 Block
1 243 head
LS2 Long Block Complete
LS3 Long Block Complete
Old 07-03-2015, 10:05 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Schwanke Racing Engines has a good used forged LS3 with ported LS2 heads for sale at 6500. It came out of a friends road race ASA/GTA car. Very stout motor, he just changed to a full dry sump, carbureted motor to take advantage of class rules.

I have a single stage dry sump LS6 with Eagle H Beam rods, Mahle forged flat top pistons, ISKY 280/290 cam. Has fresh 243 heads with ISKY 165A valve springs, upgraded pushrods and timing chain. Comes with LS6 intake, throttle body, MAF, custom Schwanke Racing Engines harness and tuned ASA LS1 ECU. It is a complete motor with all accesories, including Turn 1 power steering pump. The single stage dry sump system uses the stock pump for pressure and a Barnes pump for scavenge. It has a Moroso ASA dry sump pan and uses the ATI damper. Very reliable set up. As used in the ASA National tour stock car series on their LS1 motors.

The motor was built by Schwanke for our tube frame Corvette in my AVATAR. I had Byron Koury Racing Engines do a valve job on a fresh set of 243 heads, check the bottom end and re-install everything and dyno. On three pulls it made 450-460 HP on a known VERY conservative dyno. Compression is near stock about 10.5.

The bottom end had about 10-12 hours of SCCA road racing, and Koury said it looked in excelllent shape.

I am asking $ 7500 for everything, ready to plug in. This motor sells for about 14 K from Schwanke.

The Corvette with this motor hit about 180 mph in the trioval at Daytona running about 7000 rpm with a 3:08 gear.

This motor is located in Deland, Fl....near Daytona Beach.

Last edited by bosco022; 07-03-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:02 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by bosco022
Schwanke Racing Engines has a good used forged LS3 with ported LS2 heads for sale at 6500. It came out of a friends road race ASA/GTA car. Very stout motor, he just changed to a full dry sump, carbureted motor to take advantage of class rules.

I have a single stage dry sump LS6 with Eagle H Beam rods, Mahle forged flat top pistons, ISKY 280/290 cam. Has fresh 243 heads with ISKY 165A valve springs, upgraded pushrods and timing chain. Comes with LS6 intake, throttle body, MAF, custom Schwanke Racing Engines harness and tuned ASA LS1 ECU. It is a complete motor with all accesories, including Turn 1 power steering pump. The single stage dry sump system uses the stock pump for pressure and a Barnes pump for scavenge. It has a Moroso ASA dry sump pan and uses the ATI damper. Very reliable set up. As used in the ASA National tour stock car series on their LS1 motors.

The motor was built by Schwanke for our tube frame Corvette in my AVATAR. I had Byron Koury Racing Engines do a valve job on a fresh set of 243 heads, check the bottom end and re-install everything and dyno. On three pulls it made 450-460 HP on a known VERY conservative dyno. Compression is near stock about 10.5.

The bottom end had about 10-12 hours of SCCA road racing, and Koury said it looked in excelllent shape.

I am asking $ 7500 for everything, ready to plug in. This motor sells for about 14 K from Schwanke.

The Corvette with this motor hit about 180 mph in the trioval at Daytona running about 7000 rpm with a 3:08 gear.

This motor is located in Deland, Fl....near Daytona Beach.
tha is funny ... schwanke built my bottom end that i have now .... My car is still a street car at times ....would you sell your motor without the dry sump or computer net is that I would use the stock ECU and need to go back to a wet sump system to keep all the street stuff on ?
Old 07-03-2015, 04:16 PM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
tha is funny ... schwanke built my bottom end that i have now .... My car is still a street car at times ....would you sell your motor without the dry sump or computer net is that I would use the stock ECU and need to go back to a wet sump system to keep all the street stuff on ?
I would rather keep it complete.

The LS3 with 243 heads at Schwanke's might work for you.

One of my racing buddy's bought a LS6 long block with upgrades, including ASA cam, from Thompson Motorsports for about 5 K. It turned out very nice. Might be up your alley. Schwanke does similar long blocks,
Old 07-03-2015, 10:03 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

I have a stock LS6 and stock heads for sale. I pulled them out of my car that burned. I would have it completely gone through and redone but it's a solid engine I beat on for 4 years and it survived the clutch blowing apart.

I can freely turn the balancer and the pistons and crank move freely.

I'm in the Dallas area.

Jay
Old 07-04-2015, 06:42 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by crease-guard
I have a stock LS6 and stock heads for sale. I pulled them out of my car that burned. I would have it completely gone through and redone but it's a solid engine I beat on for 4 years and it survived the clutch blowing apart.

I can freely turn the balancer and the pistons and crank move freely.

I'm in the Dallas area.

Jay
how much you looking to get for the block and heads ? Any photos of the burned car ? Worry about how hot the block / heads may have gotten in a fire...
Old 07-04-2015, 02:56 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Yeah, I got pictures of the fire:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jfag...?sort=3&page=1

The fire was mostly the composite hood, fenders, firewall and fender wells burning. the only thing burnt on the engine were the plastic bits on the top. The plug wires were not burnt except for the top parts around the coil. If you look at the valve covers ( I have pictures if you want) the only thing burnt was the oil filler cap and neck that are plastic.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Piperporsche180944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a LS6, needs rebuild, (rings), RC injectors, Fast 92 Intake, LS6 TB
Old 07-05-2015, 09:38 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Piperporsche180944
I have a LS6, needs rebuild, (rings), RC injectors, Fast 92 Intake, LS6 TB
can you let me know how much ?
Old 07-07-2015, 06:00 AM
biodds
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a complete LS6 engine and 6 speed trans for sale out of my 2004 CTS-V. They are both good. From my daughters car that she wrecked. Engine $3500.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:02 PM
spectator2
Instructor

I have a ls6 out of a 01 c5z, has 88k miles and therefore has normal wear. Liking for $2750 picked up in Michigan
Old 07-11-2015, 07:44 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

I think i have a plan to get a new L33 bore it to 5.7 and use my 7 pistons / 8 rods and good crank in there .... so may turn the focus to a used L33

Get notified of new replies

To LS6 Block ? LS2 Complete ? 234 head ?

Quick Reply: WTB: LS6 Block ? LS2 Complete ? 234 head ?