Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

FS: Brembo Brake package for the track

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 12:32 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Brembo Brake package for the track

Fire sale:

Up for sale are the Brembo brakes I had on the above track car. There was no fire damage to them as the fire didn't get close to the brakes. They are, however, very well used but still very competent on the track. You can see there is much external wear. I had them completely rebuilt 2 years ago. Seals are not leaking and I had no stopping issues with these. The only two issues are the front outer bleed nipples had to be machined and replaced. The outer nipple on the left front side will not bleed and needs to be replace or flushed or who knows what. Other than that they work just fine. They are both 4 piston calipers but the fronts are clearly bigger than the rears. I don't know the part number to the calipers and have never been able to find out as I bought the car with them on. You will also need to buy a new set of stainless steel brake lines.

The front rotors are the Porsche/Viper 72 vain full race rotor. These rum about $450 each. I have a spare set of hats for the fronts as well. There is still plenty of life left in these. Having run the street rotor, 48 vain race rotor and the 72 vain rotor, there is a significant difference in the stopping ability. There weren't too many cars on the track I couldn't outbrake. I still don't know what a soft pedal feels like

The rear rotors are the stock ones from Brembo. They will last twice as long as the fronts.

Pads I run on these were the PFC 01 on the fronts and PFC 08 on the rear.

$1995

Last edited by crease-guard; 07-17-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:38 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

These need to go or they are getting scraped. $1395 obo plus actual shipping.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:50 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Sold
Old 09-21-2015, 12:00 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Yikes! What caused the fire? Total loss I assume? That really sucks. Obviously you survived, and hopefully uninjured. Can you tell more about the situation? Did you get out in plenty of time? Fire System wasn't up to task of putting that fire out? That's kind of my worst nightmare so I'm interested in hearing from someone who's been through it.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:29 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
Yikes! What caused the fire? Total loss I assume? That really sucks. Obviously you survived, and hopefully uninjured. Can you tell more about the situation? Did you get out in plenty of time? Fire System wasn't up to task of putting that fire out? That's kind of my worst nightmare so I'm interested in hearing from someone who's been through it.
Yeah, it scared the crap out of me when it let go. I was on the front straight at Texas World. Shifting from 4-5 went 4-3 instead. Engine over-revved, thought I blew the engine at first (engine was untouched, for sale if anyone wants an LS6) given the loud explosion. What ended up happening is the clutch assemble flew apart, shattering the bell housing to the torque tube and sending shrapnel everywhere. Severed the fuel lines and that started the fire.

There's some debate as to whether the fuel pump keeps pumping or not, but none the less, I suspect the fuel along with brake and clutch fluid fueled the fire. Initial explosion sent a big flash of flame up the inside of the firewall in the cabin. Started filling with smoke before I could get the car stopped...very acrid nasty stuff. I see why people get dead from smoke before the flames. It happened quick. As soon as I could, I hit the fire system. You'll see in the video (ill post a link) that the drivers side fire nozzle is dumping in the up position, most like pushed up by the explosion.

I got out fine, shoe laces on the right foot got singed. Luckily there is some reinforcement plating along the tunnel wall. That likely kept shrapnel from coming inside the cabin and nailing my right foot.

Car was a total loss which sucks, I loved that car. So I'm parting out what is left. Probably end up getting close to what I could have sold the car for so not a complete loss but still sucks. Car sat on the lift for a month before I did anything to it. I was secretly hoping I would walk out one day and it be all fixed. That didn't happen.

Link to video:
Old 09-21-2015, 02:09 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow. That's unbelievable. Glad you got out OK. I guess glad to hear that it was a mechanical catastrophe that started the fire, and that you weren't just cruising down the back straight and your car spontaneously combusted. Looks like you kinda coasted to a stop - were your brakes not working or did you not know you were actually on fire til' you came to a stop? I blew my engine in April and I too, just kinda coasted onto the grass to asses the situation, but I didn't appear to be on fire so slamming the brakes didn't seem like a high priority at the time.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:30 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

At the time I thought I had control of the car. I think I might have still had brakes but frankly, I was just thinking of getting the car stopped and getting the hell out of Dodge (or Chevy ).

During the autopsy, come to find out the steering linkage had been severed from the shrapnel so I didn't have any steering at all. Probably had brakes for a bit but all of the plastic reservoirs for the brakes and clutch were melted into a huge blob.

I got out ok and that was the main thing. Then I got to stand there for 3 minutes and watch it burn before the fire truck came. Three minutes is an eternity when you are watching your car burn. In hindsight I wish I HAD blown the engine.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:51 PM
Poorvette Racing
Intermediate

Who made the front bumper/splitter? That's awesome
Old 09-24-2015, 05:24 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

That was made by a forum member joe vettehead...or something like that. I don't know if he is still making them or not.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:42 PM
AdamSwann
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crease-guard
Sold
Brakes got here yesterday.

Thanks Jay!

Get notified of new replies

To Brembo Brake package for the track

Quick Reply: FS: Brembo Brake package for the track