Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Autocrossing & Roadracing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Autocrossing & Roadracing
Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results Sponsored by
LG Motorsports

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
7Bob3
CF Senior Member

Bob Blackmon
Default Raftracer

I noticed in the One Lap artical you guys listed Addco as a sponsor. Are their bars any better for autocross? ASP Z06, stock springs, Koni singles, poly bushings, 315/18 710's on all corners. If so what size. I spent 6 months trying to make T1's work after Thomason told me I'd never do it. He was right! Thanks for the help
7Bob3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
tigerdrvr
CF Senior Member

I know the east coast guys (Strano, Salerno etc.) swear by the Addco 32mm bar. They also have a 35mm available.
tigerdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
RAFTRACER
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blackmon
I noticed in the One Lap artical you guys listed Addco as a sponsor. Are their bars any better for autocross? ASP Z06, stock springs, Koni singles, poly bushings, 315/18 710's on all corners. If so what size. I spent 6 months trying to make T1's work after Thomason told me I'd never do it. He was right! Thanks for the help

Bob,
Sorry I didn't get to meet you in Topeka, I believe you were there weren't you???? Things were a little crazy out there as you know.
Yes we used Addco bars on the One Lap ride, additionally I use them on my vehicle . Both vehicles share the same sway bar set-up. The front is a 35mm and the rear is a 25mm. This is more than the supposed SS set-up both front and rear (Strano's gang likes the 32mm front and obviously SS mandates a stock rear ). Sway bar choice can be dictated by many things, driver preference, alignment settings, shock type/valving, tire size etc,etc.
Since I have returned and have been testing primarily on asphalt I believe sway bar choices are going to change , but thats based on in-town asphalt, not the supposed "high-grip" stuff that they are pouring in Topeka. ( 1000 x 1000 is too small for 2 national courses BTW ) We have test-n-tune scheduled at our asphalt lot, I will learn more until it gets too cold.
Thomason is very right about the T1 bars, defineatley will never work on a Solo2 car. I used to run only the rear with a stock 30mm in front and that was not too bad especially on tight courses. I dont even like T1 bars on my car on a roadcourse. I prefer to use "alot" of spring rate vs alot of roll coupling-----seems to make my ABS happier.
RAFTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
69autoXr
CF Senior Member

What size are the T1 bars?

Last edited by 69autoXr; 10-19-2005 at 09:33 AM.
69autoXr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
acrace
CF Senior Member

69autoXr:

My notes have the T1 bars as 38.4 mm front and 27.5 mm rear, with a 1/4" wall thickness. Anyone have anything different?
acrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM   #6
7Bob3
CF Senior Member

Bob Blackmon

Danny, thanks again for the help. I'm going to try them. I bailed on Topeka this year at the last minute. With the events in the south it just became to expensive a drive for a Solo2! There's next year. I was so stubburn with the T1's, I was sure I could make them work. I loved them high speed on the track. I loved them anytime the wheel was turned less than 90 degrees and I learned alot. I learned how to change alignment in grid, learned how to ruin $460 dollars worth of front tires in a day. I just learned to do alot of neat stuff to ruin a perfectly good race car chasing those blue bars. But... I've got some neat pictures of a Z06 autocrossing with air under the inside tires!
7Bob3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #7
XPC5R
CF Senior Member

I have a 32mm addco front bar - used once - in the closet if you need one for a good price

If weight is an issue, also consider hotchkiss, as they are lighter (tubular). They are 32mm tubular fronts.
XPC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:24 PM   #8
crznZ06
CF Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, how much does the Addco 32mm bar weigh versus the Hotchkis 32mm bar? Is the roll stiffness equivalent on both bars? Thanks.
crznZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #9
tigerdrvr
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC5R
I have a 32mm addco front bar - used once - in the closet if you need one for a good price

If weight is an issue, also consider hotchkiss, as they are lighter (tubular). They are 32mm tubular fronts.

I think the current Addco 32mm is tubular, not solid. Also, the application is with the stock Z06 rear bar. I haven't tried it, just reporting what I've heard from those that have!
tigerdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:16 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Autocrossing & Roadracing
Reload this Page Raftracer

Tags
raftracer