Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last HST (DE) of the year.....bummer

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:57 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Last HST (DE) of the year.....bummer

Went to Hallett on Saturday. Great weather, Cool 60 degrees and sunny. Car performed great (it always does). I improved a lot. Nothing broke, and I didn't hit anyone or anything (thank you GOD for looking over me). I am really starting to enjoy this track. I'm getting used to the blind spots (trusting the corner workers a lot here. they go a great job). There was a very wide assortment running, and some very cool cars out there. A new Ford GT, an antique Mercedes (don't know what model- 4 door sedan. kinda strange to see out there), an old Pantera ('74 I believe), Several Porsches, Z06s, Miatas, and a C6. One very fast turbo Mazda. Everyone seemed to play well with others and no major mishaps. I passed my first Carrara . My buddy in the open wheel class did ping the plastic barrier. Some minor structure around the radiator needs work. After 2 DEs, a few dozen autoxs and 36,000 miles I need new brake pads.

Sorry this year is done. I'm really hooked on HST (DE). Now I just need to win the Lotto so I can get a Z06. Not many places I can take my Roadster.

I know my class at Bragg-Smith (Spring Mountain) really paved the way for me to go out and have fun, be fairly competent, and drive safe.
I've also learned a lot from the folks on this forum. Thanks for all the info and advice. It certainly has paid off.

Last edited by johninar; 11-20-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Last HST (DE) of the year.....bummer