Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau racing seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:52 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Corbeau racing seats?

Has anyone installed the Corbeau Forza racing seats in their Z? I'm looking at the Forza 2, and just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, any comments on quality, construction, fit, etc. would be appreciated.

TIA,
Steve
Old 03-13-2006, 03:01 PM
90pololt4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, I worked with Corbeau to fit these seats. I have the Pro Sport in our Z. Order the factory specified seat brackets for the drivers side. You will have to drill your own holes to get the seat line up where you want it. It is a tight fit if the seat is moved all the way forward. Their seats cannot be used on the passenger side. We really like the fit of the Corbeau seats. We have had them in two other cars. Hope this helps.
Rod
Old 03-13-2006, 04:24 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Corbeau Forza - use for the passenger's seat. It works without issue - just got one of their brackets for it.

For the driver's seat, I'm using a Sparco Pro2k - comparing the two, the cobreau costs less and its comfort follows suit. It is a frame seat vs. the shell style of the sparcos and quite a few other race seats. I'd sit in a few before deciding - everyone goes through the process, so they will understand your request to sit in their cars!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by freefall
For the driver's seat, I'm using a Sparco Pro2k - comparing the two, the cobreau costs less and its comfort follows suit. It is a frame seat vs. the shell style of the sparcos and quite a few other race seats. I'd sit in a few before deciding - everyone goes through the process, so they will understand your request to sit in their cars!
Corbeau does make a shell seat, the FX1. I'm hoping to be able to find a place that sells them locally so I can go sit in one. I've tried the Sparco seats and the standard seat is too narrow for me. I need the Evo 2, which may be too wide for the car.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to check with Corbeau about the FX1. As I recall, I did sometime ago and was told it wouldn't fit. I think it's too wide at the shoulders. The Forza has virtually no clearance between the upper seat and door and it's over an inch narrower based on specs. For that matter, I'd be suprised if the Forza II fits since the Forza is so snug. The FX1 Pro looks like a better bet.
I can relate as I'm going through the same process of selecting a new sidemount seat. I had a Forza but want something better/more comfortable, however, it's tough to know what fits. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by tcmc5
You might want to check with Corbeau about the FX1. As I recall, I did sometime ago and was told it wouldn't fit. I think it's too wide at the shoulders. The Forza has virtually no clearance between the upper seat and door and it's over an inch narrower based on specs. For that matter, I'd be suprised if the Forza II fits since the Forza is so snug. The FX1 Pro looks like a better bet.
I can relate as I'm going through the same process of selecting a new sidemount seat. I had a Forza but want something better/more comfortable, however, it's tough to know what fits. Good luck.
I have the regular Forza on the drivers side and the Forza II on the passenger side. Using the Corbeau seat mounts, it is a snug fit on both sides, but the both fit fine.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:34 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

I believe the evo 2 will fit without issue.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:00 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by freefall
I believe the evo 2 will fit without issue.
yep I have it in my Z
Old 03-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

the forza 2 and fx1 do NOT fit in the c5 z...i had a long long LONG battle trying to get info from corbeau on this subject, but for now, the forza and a4 seat are the only two race seats that will fit without any interior modifications. Actually, I think the clubman fits too, but wow that thing looks like a pos.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:23 AM
wazzzup
Advanced

I'd like to chime in here. If you have a waist of 36" or less try the FX1 Pros. They fit perfectly on their rails and I've been very happy with them. The advantage with the shell is time. Over time the shell is going to hold comfort better than the tubed seats. I have also heard several people say the FX1's will fit but the shoulder protectors are right against the door. The FX1 Pros have a little clearance with them.

Last edited by wazzzup; 03-14-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Oyishdog
the forza 2 and fx1 do NOT fit in the c5 z...i had a long long LONG battle trying to get info from corbeau on this subject, but for now, the forza and a4 seat are the only two race seats that will fit without any interior modifications. Actually, I think the clubman fits too, but wow that thing looks like a pos.
I beg to differ. I have the Forza on the drivers side and the Forza II in the passenger slot. I don't know if the Forza II fits in the driver side as I have not tried that. Subdriver also runs a Forza II in the passenger side.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:11 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wazzzup
I'd like to chime in here. If you have a waist of 36" or less try the FX1 Pros. They fit perfectly on their rails and I've been very happy with them. The advantage with the shell is time. Over time the shell is going to hold comfort better than the tubed seats. I have also heard several people say the FX1's will fit but the shoulder protectors are right against the door. The FX1 Pros have a little clearance with them.
Is this in a C5 coupe or Z06? Or does it matter?
I noticed the waist size on the FX1 PRO was perfect for me. The frame width of the waist, hips is 1" smaller and the shoulders is 1.5" smaller.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:34 AM
wazzzup
Advanced

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Is this in a C5 coupe or Z06? Or does it matter?
I noticed the waist size on the FX1 PRO was perfect for me. The frame width of the waist, hips is 1" smaller and the shoulders is 1.5" smaller.
I don't think there is a difference. I have them in my Z06 now. For grins and giggles we put one in the drivers side of my wife's coupe and they fit the same.

You really want to go with a snug fitting seat. At least for yourself on the driver's side. I'm 5'11" and weight at about 215 lbs with a 34" waist. When I sit in them I fit snug but very comfortable. They great thing about the Corbeau seat raels is that you don't loose use of you factory seat belts, and the Brey Krause lap belt kit attaches right to it. No modifications needed.

When I get home this evening I can post some photos of what I have. The one thing that I was told about the FX1 (not the pro) larger size seat is that the shoulder pads hit the door. I don't know this for a fact, but that came from a couple of people.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Olitho
I beg to differ. I have the Forza on the drivers side and the Forza II in the passenger slot. I don't know if the Forza II fits in the driver side as I have not tried that. Subdriver also runs a Forza II in the passenger side.
hmm...well im glad to hear corbeau knows their seat products I really wanted to put the fx1 in my car instead of the forza, but was told it would not fit. I think the forza II is alot bigger then the fx1 hmmmm.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

We have the Forza in both driver and passenger of our car. I might be selling them if anyone is interested.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:23 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wazzzup
I don't think there is a difference. I have them in my Z06 now. For grins and giggles we put one in the drivers side of my wife's coupe and they fit the same.

You really want to go with a snug fitting seat. At least for yourself on the driver's side. I'm 5'11" and weight at about 215 lbs with a 34" waist. When I sit in them I fit snug but very comfortable. They great thing about the Corbeau seat raels is that you don't loose use of you factory seat belts, and the Brey Krause lap belt kit attaches right to it. No modifications needed.

When I get home this evening I can post some photos of what I have. The one thing that I was told about the FX1 (not the pro) larger size seat is that the shoulder pads hit the door. I don't know this for a fact, but that came from a couple of people.
Yeah I'd like to see some pictures if you can post a link or I'll PM you my email addy. I'm the same height and waist size as you but drop another 40lbs or so. Sounds like those would be a good fit. I sat in my friends FX1 and it felt a little too "roomy"...

Another member informed me that Corbeau is no longer making the FX1 PRO. So I have to get off my butt and go find one in stock at one of the vendors and scoop it up. Even if I can't use it right now.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:54 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Another member informed me that Corbeau is no longer making the FX1 PRO. So I have to get off my butt and go find one in stock at one of the vendors and scoop it up. Even if I can't use it right now.
They're still making the FX1 Pro. It's the $800+ carbon fiber Pro Sport they've discontinued.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau racing seats?

Old 03-15-2006, 02:52 PM
wazzzup
Advanced

Originally Posted by tcmc5
They're still making the FX1 Pro. It's the $800+ carbon fiber Pro Sport they've discontinued.
Correct. It's the carbon fiber Pro Sport that the quit producing. Try OG Racing. they'll beat any price and usually give free shipping on orders over $100. I'll get those photos posted this evening.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:07 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Thanks all for the responses. I spoke to a local distributor of Corbeau yesterday, and he checked with Corbeau and they assured him that both the Forza and the FX1 would fit in the Z06 with their mounting bracket. I'm leaning toward the FX1, because I'd like to have the fiberglass seat rather than the steel frame.

If there's anyone in the NJ/NY area that has either of the seats installed that I might be able to take a look at, and sit in, please PM me. I'd like to see them and sit in them before I plunk down money.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-15-2006, 04:30 PM
wazzzup
Advanced

Graham and Steve,

Here are a couple of pictures of the FX1 Pros installed. Notice the shoulder protector shots. There is a little clearance to the door when it is closed. I think the FX1 may rest against the door when it is closed.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Corbeau racing seats?